Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Blood test results difference  (Read 625 times)

SarahT

Blood test results difference
« on: November 21, 2023, 01:02:47 PM »

So after some techy difficulties in my side I finally accessed my blood test results for the last year and I am concerned. My gp stated that they were all within range and as I was on off license dose of patch that was more or less it.

November '22 my oestradiol was 698. (Think I was on 75 patch then )

June '23 my oestradiol was down to 296 ( on a 125 patch)

And testosterone was a pathetic. 0.2

I know blood tests are not so reliable and decrease with age, but given the large drop, and my higher hrt dose, does this seem acceptable?

Particularly asked her about testosterone due to my dwindling libido, brain fog, and my energy levels and muscle and  joint pain are worsening to the point so am referred to an ME clinic ( I have had ME in the past )

My hormonal symptoms of night sweats and horrendous mood swings and anxiety have improved BUT could these results be a part of my other low symptoms?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Blood test results difference
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 02:54:54 PM »

I would ring the ME Clinic and explain the difficulties that you have had, as well as asking if they know anything about testosterone.  Do U feel that ME is contributing to your symptoms rather than hormonal upheaval?

I would also get an appt to a dedicated menopause clnininc and ask the same question as a GP can't prescribe Testosterone without going through a Clinic.  So long winded!

As oestrogen levels fall muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Brain fog can be lifted by oestrogen.  Blood tests are reliably un-reliable  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 02:55:21 PM »

Oh and have a  :hug:  it's getting to close to the festive season for all this phaff!

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 04:20:35 PM »

Ooh, group but  accepted! And there's you not even generally  a fully  festive person😁

I am waiting on an appt at the ME clinic, who I assume would do thorough checks themselves to ensure a definite diagnosis. My problem is I need to be 100% certain there is not an underlying problem either causing or contributing to these symptoms.

To be fair, my gp surgery has run a lot of tests to exclude various conditions.

They seem unwilling to consider testosterone- insist I am I the ranges, despite symptoms. So you get to this stage in life and a sex life is thrown out then?? Also seem to not want to refer me to a meno clinic, I have asked a few months ago. I do agreeing hormonal symptoms are better from night sweats and my horrific mood swings. VA continues have topical treatments. But the oestrogen seems to have dropped a huge amount.

It's just a nagging feeling that something else is ongoing. I guess I will have to wait for the ME clinic and see what that entails. It is fun by a gp with ME knowledge so fingers crossed.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 04:54:51 PM »

Every referral costs the Company/Surgery.   :-\. We shouldn't have to pay for treatment, perhaps at your ME appt mayB asking them to refer you to a menopause clinic might be another way in if the Dr feels it necessary. It's a learning curve for us all which is why I get really annoyed when GPs won't refer  >:(

What's not liking C.mas to do with hugs offered  ;D.  I am tactile with people I know ...... but can't abide octopus on TV or in a tank in an aquarium  ;D. now that's a meander you never imagined  ::)

SarahT

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 05:16:11 PM »

the could never have predicted that one!🐙  ;D

Thanks, good idea to raise the menopause side with the ME clinic, didn't occur to me. So thanks

. Just had a message from my gp surgery to allow me to book an appt to discuss the possibility of testosterone, but my last discussion didn't achieve anything . But I will, god knows we all have to fight for our health ourselves. Will wait for a strong minded day, as some times like many I do get a mental fatigue where you just can't feel strong enough to fight. Thanks

Oh. And merry Christmas. Haha. If only a computer had a sarcasm button... Mine would be worn out I feel.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023, 05:41:30 PM »

:lol:

:na:    :kick:  for starters . 

I understand the need to be strong enough to tackle the medical profession.  When severely depressed I simply couldn't .......