Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ADVICE /SCARED  (Read 4480 times)

Banjo1973

Re: ADVICE /SCARED
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2023, 12:01:46 PM »

I am on gel and utrgestan.

I started on oestrogel, did great on that, then I believe they changed formulation and I nose-dived. I recently switched to Sandrena and haven't looked back.

I have a friend who suffers with debilitating migraines with any estrogen tweaks. Even when we were camping and she used the gel at a different time to what she was used to.

You seem to be like her, so even on a low dose like yours, you may need to introduce slowly. Which is probably why a gel might suit you better as you are in control of your dosing.

I agree that you should wait 4 weeks to see your doc. You need support ASAP x

I wish you all the best and keep us updated.xxx

Banjo1973

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2023, 01:22:53 PM »

*shouldn't wait 4 weeks.

Please do not wait xx

Bass1979

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2023, 02:17:22 PM »

Thank you

When you have these type of symptoms you think please let me not be alone and when you hear you not you do then think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I will try and get hold my my doctor sooner.

How is ur friend now ?
X

Banjo1973

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2023, 02:35:53 PM »

Bless you x

Since moving to Sandrena I'm feeling pretty good. Amazing compared to how I was.

My friend had terrible headaches for 36 hours then they started to subside. She knows she has to make any estrogen adjustments very slowly.

She wasn't a fan of new oestrogel either, tried Sandrena and didn't react well to it. She moved to Evorel patches and is really happy.

I wish there was a universal solution but unfortunately there isn't and we seem to have to trial and error with HRT. Support on this forum has been invaluable for me. Hearing stories of what has worked for some give me Hooe when I thought I was resigned to a life of anxiety. And i was too scared to try something new which could potentially make me feel worse.

And that's why I'm messaging now, before I'd only read posts - but never act on anything. Too scared.

I do believe there will be something for you that will help - it just might take a bit of experimentation to get there but I'm sure things will get better

Take care xxx

« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 02:41:21 PM by Banjo1973 »

Bass1979

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2023, 03:09:35 PM »

Again thank you

I have just been speaking to my husband and he said that when I was on the patches I was about 75% better hormonal/moods
Now not on the patch am returning to my old cranky person.

Was thinking should I try cutting the patches I have in half or just asking straight away for the gel ?

I need to try something and stay on it am really bad for not giving things long enough.
Like being on the patch for only 6 weeks but I was suffering.

Banjo1973

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2023, 03:38:29 PM »

I think 6 weeks is a long time to give things a go, so don't be blaming yourself.

Only you can decide what your next steps are, but given what your husband says, personally I would cut that patch and stick it on straight away!

You could ask for gel while on your half patch.

Let me know what you decide

Bass1979

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2023, 05:53:03 PM »

Well I have decided to put the patch back on

I was getting heads with and without so might as well benefit from some relief it gave me before.

I am still going to speak to the Gp about the gel as I feel I may be able to control that better but I need something till I can get the appointment.

So am on the patch and taking Amitriptyline to see if the combination helps.

Any advice x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2023, 07:52:00 PM »

Bass1979

May I ask why you take Amitrypline , I was given it for my neck pain and headaches and it worked for a while and then just stopped working,went up a dose but did the same,I tried everything andthe only thing that ever helped was the Mirtazapine, yes it can cause weight gain but int the end I find quality of my life out weighed it, as for the Sandrena gel I would ask for it, I am 2 weeks into using it and as for hot flushes and stuff they have gone but still getting some nausea but not as bad, tried last night using it just before I go to bed to see if it helps, anxiety is a bit better, just need to give it more time but if I were you ask for the gel, its really easy to apply and dries quickly, really really hope things get better for you x

Bass1979

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2023, 10:17:34 AM »

Hi

I started the Amitriptyline because I had some in from when I took it for jaw pain my friend who is an advanced nurse practitioner advised it can help with chronic headaches/migraines so I thought I would just try it as I needed something.

I re started my patch too on Monday as my other symptoms where getting on top of me again and as I can’t get a Gp appointment I thought put it back on as had headaches in it and headaches off it so thought would try and make my other symptoms better.

Thanks for ur advice x

Bass1979

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2023, 11:02:30 PM »

Well a few weeks now since been on here not sure am writing a post correctly.

2.5 wks back on the patch and Amitriptyline having a lot less headache.
I have just being putting the patch on my buttock alternating twice a week. (Am only on oestrogen) and absorption seems a lot better.
Previously I was putting the patch either on buttocks, thighs, hips but keeping it on each buttock seems to be helping.

Am very tired all the time but that could be the Amitriptyline.

I had my eyes tested to rule out the headaches, need stronger reading glasses and now on eye drops for dry eyes.

Am still thinking of asking the Gp if I can try the gel at my review will see in a few weeks time.

X

KaraShannon

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2023, 01:54:50 AM »

Glad you've got something of a solution going on.  The only other thing I was going to add was to halve the patch or even a quarter and build up slowly.

I can relate because I was told my oestrogen was way too high last year and I knew something was wrong because of awful headaches and dizziness.  It's a lot better since I got my estradiol back down to 50 (from 100), but I still cannot tolerate vaginal oestrogen for some reason and still think the estradiol patches 'stress' my body a bit.  I feel loads better on the combined estradiol / progesterone patch, though I do have some symptoms of low oestrogen on it, I feel better.

Jules

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2023, 08:33:44 AM »

Amitriptyline is usually prescribed for nerve pain. I was prescribed it by an ENT surgeon for nerve pain in my face. I know it's also prescribed to some people with ME.  I tried it but it made me too drowsy. I remember some time after taking half at bedtime to help me sleep when my husband left but my GP told me to stop as its not a sleeping tablet.  It helped at the time.

Bass1979

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2023, 09:11:56 PM »

The Amitriptyline defo makes me sleep and feel a bit groggy in the mornings but it’s been helping my headaches.

I have also gone back on m evening primrose as my breast pain discomfort more in my left breast it’s quite bad at the min.

Thanks for the reply’s x

Shorty Pants

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2023, 04:27:54 AM »

Sorry to hear you've been struggling. I've not been on the forum much and have just seen your post.

I also seem to be v sensitive to hormone replacement (even my GP now thinks that's the case!)

I tried to come off it, but gave in after a few weeks after issues with my moods and insomnia, so restarted about a month ago.

It's absolutely fine to cut evorel 25 and currently I'm on less than 1/4 patch (nearer 1/8th), but this seems to be the balance for me to keep the hot sweats and low mood at bay without the side effects of weight gain and sore boobs.

On a practical note, the patches fall off  easily when they're cut, so try covering them. I'm currently using micropore, but this isn't great, so am off to the pharmacy today to see if there's an alternative.

Also I'd recommended changing it more often than twice a week.  This shouldn't be a problem as you'll be using less than the prescribed 2 patches a week anyway.

Hope that helps. 😊

Bass1979

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2023, 08:24:58 PM »

Hi
Thanks for the reply, I restated the patch 2 week ago today along side Amitriptyline to help with the headaches.

Touch wood the headaches are easing, I have also found keeping the patches on my buttocks it’s been better than previous when I placed it on my thighs and hips.

Think that’s made a difference.

However am no way 100% I have a lot of symptoms. As I don’t have a womb I am working out what my time of the month is and omg am so up and down, very sore boobs, lower back pain all the typical.

I do t think it’s going to come easy  to me  getting the right balance, I think it’s going to take a while.

How you find what’s right for you x
Pages: 1 [2]