Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ADVICE /SCARED  (Read 4479 times)

Bass1979

ADVICE /SCARED
« on: November 15, 2023, 08:10:04 PM »

Hi
If not seen my previous post, I have been on Evorel patch 25 was on it for 6 weeks had really bad headaches/migraines so stoped 12 days ago been headache free for 2 days now.

However my anxiety is creeping back up, am not sleeping having horrible/vivid dreams am very emotional and cranky only had a few hot flushes managed them ok

Gp has said 3 options, go back on the patch put up with headache, try the gel or have a break for 4 weeks see if headaches improve (that was Monday, was still bad with headaches then)
I chose a break for a month however not sure I will make it to the month as am starting to struggle mentally after being off the patch for 12 days.

I am 44 a year post op hysterectomy (kept ovaries) and really struggling with life.
I wish I could turn the clock back 18mths yes my periods were horrendous but after 8 days I was back to me now I don’t recognise my self.
Sorry long post xx
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 10:47:06 AM by Bass1979 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 08:20:11 PM »

U could have continued with your original post  :-\ otherwise responses may be missed.  Also, with meno brain, some can't follow histories and haven't the energy to read 'back'.

The worry of course is the persistent headaches, has the GP given any advice about whether these are hormone related?  Did U suffer during your menstruating years?

Which symptom did U want to ease B4 using HRT - I may have asked on your other thread  :-\

Anxiety can be due to hormonal upheaval but can be eased with appropriate medication.  U can't turn back the months, hopefully you will begin to feel 'better' as the HRT leaves your system. 

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 08:27:44 PM »

Hi
I am sorry you are having such a hard time,and seems like any potential choice you have is going to come with side affects. Peri and menopause can be truly awful for some women. I have had an awful 18 months since peri came at me like I had been hit by a truck. For me, mood swings and anxiety have been the absolute worse symptoms for me. I am on a better more stable hrt regime right now, along with a low dose AD, but don't think I will every be back to how I once was. That time has gone. For me,I have to look at hrt as a support rather than a total cure. I know I am better on hrt than off, but it a a very individual thing.
Each time I altered my doses I felt initially worse, but had to persevere until my body was more settled with the changes. Most people seem to say it can take 3 months on commencing or altering the hrt to see full affects, and I know how hard that time can be.

Sorry I can't be more help in your decisions just wanted to say many on here know how hard it is sometimes. I wish you well.

Bass1979

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 09:17:44 PM »

Thanks
CKLD I didn’t realise I could carry on with old post quite new on here
Yes Gp has said he thinks it’s hormone related and no I did suffer with menstrual headaches/migraines. Am not going on an anti depressant like the doctor suggested, my anxiety is generalised with panic attacks which I only started having 6 mths ago never had before, always suffered health anxiety but had that somewhat under control.
The symptoms I want help with is anxiety, mood swings, panic attacks the not sleeping, fatigue etc
Which the patch was helping but I was struggling with the headaches/migraine’s
Thanks for the reply x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 10:57:00 PM »

I would try gel, you may find you're OK on it. Your symptoms are from low oestrogen and as you kept your ovaries I don't think the op will have made any difference to this (and you don't have to add progesterone which is the usual cause of problems).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023, 07:40:51 AM »

I fear nose bleeds and migraines more than anything else!  I've been fortunate thus far.

It would seem that your anxiety levels are hormonally related?  Panic attacks can be over whelming.  I have used 'Bachs' flower mouth spray with success, in that I would spray onto the tongue as instructed and not think whether it was working/not.  Easy to carry in the handbag ;-).

Eating regularly can ease the anxiety surges, i.e. every 3 hours especially if u get up in the night.  I would have ginger or Rich Tea biscuits by the bed to keep the energy levels even. 

Let us know how you get on. 

moonbeam121167

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2023, 07:36:55 PM »

H  I changed from the oral HRT to Everol and that made me really depressed, bad anxiety, it was awful so I rang the meno nurse and she instantly changed me to Sandrena gel and so far brill, still a little nausea but better, so ask for the gel.

Bass1979

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2023, 07:41:54 PM »

Thank you

I do need to ask for the gel I really just wanted my headaches to go before I started something else but 13 days off HRT and still getting intermittent bad head

Am so fed up, keep crying feeing very low not 100% sure if it’s the headaches getting me down or the peri men
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2023, 10:02:21 PM »

Bass1079

Did you have headaches before or when you started the Everol patch as I have suffered from headaches for about 20 to 25 years, sometimes there were so bad I could cry , I tried everything you could think of, GP keep saying it was hormonal , so when I had my hysterectomy on 2012 and I was hoping they would go  no sadly they didnt, I plodded on for years until I saw a new GP and he sent me for a MIR scan and  gave me Mirtazapine and OMG they were fantastic, no more headaches, at the beginning of this year I stopped them as I piled on weight and was hoping the headaches were gone but while later they returned and I give it a month or so without the pills but I gave in and went back on the Mirtazapine, my current GP has now said finally is that I have a severe cervical spondylosis and it will never go or the pain, hope me going on like I did may help or not  .

Bass1979

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2023, 11:43:51 PM »

Hi

I had the occasional headache took tablets then went.
Started my patch and started with Nausea and headache, the nausea stopped but the headaches didn’t. Worse the  day after patch change. But since stopped the patch they have not fully gone, first week off the patch had headache every day this week bad day then ok day.
Since stopping the patch my TMJ symptoms are on it back too, jaw and ear pain and a fuzzy head.

I will try the gel and see how I go with that if don’t improve on that then might have to go down anti depressant root cause these headaches are stopping me from doing just normal stuff.

Thanks

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2023, 09:28:21 AM »

Hi Bass1979

As a matter of interest, what were your periods doing before you had the hysterectomy, apart from being heavy? Were they still very regular or had your cycle gone a bit awry and was different length from month to month?

It may well be that if you are still ovulating, your symptoms may be due to your cycle - did you keep a diary since the op and before you started the patch, to see if your symptoms were cyclical?

Hurdity x

Bass1979

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2023, 07:30:02 PM »

Hi

My periods were very regular always lasted 7-8 days just very heavy.

I do feel an ovulation, I do have a calendar where I input my symptoms and like pre hysterectomy my symptoms are different every month.

After next week I think am going to ask my doctor for a scan, my headache are strange they are like I have a mild pain right side of my forehead, been fine most of the day then started again about an hour and half.

My symptoms pre hysterectomy where mainly IBS, breast pain and some lower back pain there were the main symptoms I got oh and foot cramp

Thanks

Bass1979

Re: ADVICE /SCARED
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2023, 10:55:38 AM »

Still not sure how to work this site/post

Just wanted to add last night had a massive night time panic attack.
The headache worrying me that I conceived myself if I go to sleep I won’t wake up.
I had palpitations, hands tingling, sweats/chills so I knew it was a panic attack.
Finally fell a sleep just before 4am.

Last time had a panic attack like that was May time, l have had around 4/5 this year first 2 I went to hospital because I didn’t know what was happening as never had panic attacks before.
I am able to control them a bit now still scary and last around an hour/half.

I just need to write it down, not sure if other’s experience anything like this but just needed to get it off my chest, my husband does not really understand.

Thanks for reading x

Banjo1973

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2023, 11:23:07 AM »

Hi Bass1973,

I'm so sorry to hear you had such an awful night.

I have had horrible night panics - I don't know whether this will be helpful or not- but it was down to low oestrogen and as soon as this was introduced my anxiety literally melted away.

I agree with others that suggest Sandrena
 Maybe start with a very low dose and build up.

I've never had a patch but I have read about other people cutting patches to start with a lower dose.

Take care
Sending love to you xxx

Bass1979

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2023, 11:40:20 AM »

Thank you

Are you on oral HRT?

I know I will have to go back and see my Gp before the 4 weeks that was agreed.

I am just hoping I find that thing that helps me

I have also heard of people cutting the patch but I was only on 25mg can I cut that in half ?
Pages: [1] 2