Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Can you help my friend re Conti / Sequi patches please?  (Read 572 times)

Nanny2two

• First Flush
Can you help my friend re Conti / Sequi patches please?
« on: November 13, 2023, 08:32:10 PM »

Hi. My perimenopausal friend hasn't long gone onto sequi / conti patches, and is confused about what to do when she has a period.
(She was put on them as she was having painful periods 4-5 times a month)

I'm no help as I'm full meno and never had these patches.

The more we read the leaflet, the more confuddled we get  ;D

Can someone simplify how to use both patches please on an ongoing basis?

Thanks

Pater01

Re: Can you help my friend re Conti / Sequi patches please?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 10:15:16 PM »

Start the patches first day of her period.  Then go through box in order as they are in box.  Two weeks of two sequi 50 patches, the two weeks of two conti patches.  Change every 3 to 4 days.  So I do mine Wednesday and Sunday am.  Just keep going with patches no breaks.  She should get a bleed on either the end of the conti patch or start of next box on 50 patch.  Put patch below waist either thigh, bottom or stomach and alternate sides when changing. 

Nanny2two

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 12:05:36 AM »

Start the patches first day of her period.  Then go through box in order as they are in box.  Two weeks of two sequi 50 patches, the two weeks of two conti patches.  Change every 3 to 4 days.  So I do mine Wednesday and Sunday am.  Just keep going with patches no breaks.  She should get a bleed on either the end of the conti patch or start of next box on 50 patch.  Put patch below waist either thigh, bottom or stomach and alternate sides when changing. 

Thank you so much! I've texted the info to my friend.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 12:09:05 AM »

Great explanation from Pater01. I'd just like to add that it may take some months for her periods to get into sync with the patches and sometimes this never happens. Carry on with the same routine of using the patches even if she has a period. Maybe she'd like to join us at some point.  :)

Taz x

Nanny2two

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 12:30:40 AM »

Great explanation from Pater01. I'd just like to add that it may take some months for her periods to get into sync with the patches and sometimes this never happens. Carry on with the same routine of using the patches even if she has a period. Maybe she'd like to join us at some point.  :)

Taz x

Thank you Taz.
I'll pass your message on too :-)

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 12:37:49 AM »

You're welcome  :)