Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help I'm a confused newbie!  (Read 979 times)

An6e1

Help I'm a confused newbie!
« on: November 13, 2023, 10:55:05 AM »

Hello
I'm a newbie :)
I've been on HRT patches and tablets for just over 1 month, I stopped taking tablets on Friday am I correct in saying I stop for 4 days then start again?
I'm so confused 😕

Taz2

Re: Help I'm a confused newbie!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 11:40:10 AM »

Hi An6e. It can get very confusing so don't worry. Which HRT are you using?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

An6e1

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 11:44:08 AM »

Hey

Evorel patches and utrogestan 100mg tablets I've been taking them for 14days
Thanks 😊

CeCe

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 12:21:10 PM »

Hello,

Are you taking 200mg utrogestan for 14 days every 4 weeks (sequi regime for perimenopause) or are you taking 100mg every day (continuous regime for post menopause)?

If you are supposed to take them for 14 days, then you should stop for 14 days. If you are meant to take them continuously, then you don’t take a break, or sometimes, you take a 3 day break (days 25-28) to allow a bleed if your body wants one, and then begin again. What does the doctor say on your box of utrogestan?

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 12:26:05 PM »

So you started the Utrogestan on day 14 after beginning the patches? I believe you then have a break for fourteen days not four. Are you still having natural periods i.e. not post menopausal yet?

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 12:47:34 PM »

:welcomemm:

An6e1

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 02:59:15 PM »

Hey

So I am taking 1 x 100mg  and on the pack it says take 1 tablet day 1 -25 of a 28 day cycle
I haven't had a period for a few months I'm 44yrs old.

An6e1

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 03:04:42 PM »

Definitely peri menopause
Yes day 14 I started.
My doctors are a nightmare and it's like 2 weeks for a telephone appointment, and the Internet has lots of different information so I'm really confused and a bit stressed about it to be honest.
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2023, 03:30:25 PM »

Keep of Dr Google now that you have found us!

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

CeCe

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 03:33:16 PM »

Hello,

Why did you start on day 14? How did you decide you were on day 14 of a cycle?

As you stopped taking utrogestan for 3 days (or maybe 4), and you haven’t had a period for several months, start again and count today as day 1 and keep taking them until day 25. You may get some unexpected breakthrough bleeding if you are perimenopausal because your own hormones will be fluctuating in the background. If that does happen and it’s bothersome, you can change to taking 2 tablets on day 14-28 which should give you a predictable bleed at about the day 28 mark (give or take a few days). That’s the usual regime during perimenopause, and some ladies on here stay on it well past their menopause because it suits them better, but try the regime you have been given and see how you get on. It can take a few months for your body to settle down.

Good luck

An6e1

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2023, 04:13:52 PM »

Yeah I will do that tonight.
I started because it said to take on day 14 or 15  ::) online.
It's so confusing I wish I had just went for the patches instead of tablets but I will stick with it just now, see how I go I've been given 3 month supply, I'm assuming it will be totally fine to to just take them tonight and hopefully won't do any harm, I can deal with a breakthrough period but don't want to mess up my system 🤣🤣 well anymore than it already is🫣

This forum is a god send 🙌

GraceM

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2023, 04:14:22 PM »

I was put on this regime incorrectly while in perimenopause.  You take a 3 day break - so take them for 25 days and then break for 3.  The idea being that you will bleed if needed.  It caused me to bleed heavily though, so I ended up switching to 200mg for 14 days on/off. 

An6e1

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2023, 04:40:16 PM »

Yeah, he did say it would be trial and error tbh until I find a way that works.
I somehow thought I only took them for 14 days. I've had a break now of 3 days  so I'm going to start again tonight as day 1 and see what happens 🙃

Thanks 😊

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2023, 05:46:07 PM »

I thought the three day break of 100mg Utrogestan was for post menopause? https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/hormone-replacement-therapy-hrt/utrogestan-micronised-progesterone/how-and-when-to-take-utrogestan/. Peri menopause seems to be the fourteen days at 200mg.

Taz x  :-\

Penguin

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2023, 06:03:59 PM »

I'm in peri and GP said I can't do the one with 3 days off as that is for post menopause. He said for peri it's the 14 days on / 14 days off. I specifically checked as I can't tolerate the 200mg for 14 days, it's too much of a hit in one go.
Pages: [1] 2