Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice please... Freaking out  (Read 1184 times)

Tashton

Re: Advice please... Freaking out
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2023, 06:08:02 PM »

I am so so tired.  Last time I felt like this my blood level was low so they put me on iron.  Think I need to ask for a blood test cause on and off bleeding for over a month must make you feel like this

Dierdre

Re: Advice please... Freaking out
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2023, 06:16:23 PM »

This does happen during peri menopause, you can go for months with nothing and I would imagine the lining becomes very thick, then you have the period from hell with clots like lumps of liver then spotting for a couple of weeks while your hormones try to do what they used to do! The remedy years ago was a D&C under GA where the lining was scraped away. I had this a couple of times and it usually gave me a couple of years of reasonable periods. Progesterone or the mini pill would be a better option now or the coil if you don't want to bother with a daily pill. Usually this stops  the periods all together eventually as the lining thins and you can continue with this until you're through menopause.
I've had a hysteroscopy without anaesthetic and it was uncomfortable as in a bad period pain but the procedure wasn't long. However, I did nearly faint afterwards, not through pain but this can happen when the cervix is opened anyway even with anesthetic. Just don't get up too quick after the procedure.
Pages: 1 [2]