Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help, hysteroscopy/polypectomy in 2 days, light bleed today  (Read 585 times)

flossie fiddler

Help, hysteroscopy/polypectomy in 2 days, light bleed today
« on: November 12, 2023, 02:17:33 PM »

Having hysteroscopy and polypectomy on 14th November under GA, and Mirena fitted at the same time. This is due to regular bleeds since starting back on HRT in August 2022. Scans showed a polyp.

Will I still be able to have the op if I’m bleeding? Varying advice on Google. Just want to get it done with.

Nas

Re: Help, hysteroscopy/polypectomy in 2 days, light bleed today
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 02:35:07 PM »

I would say yes. They can do most things, even if bleeding. I’ve had a hysteroscopy done whilst bleeding and a womb biopsy. If in doubt, call gynae tomorrow to check?

Good luck.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 02:43:32 PM »

Thank you. I was going to call hospital tomorrow anyway, but at least if I know there are others who have had the procedure whilst bleeding, I am armed with knowledge when I call them.

I would say yes. They can do most things, even if bleeding. I’ve had a hysteroscopy done whilst bleeding and a womb biopsy. If in doubt, call gynae tomorrow to check?

Good luck.

GraceM

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 04:28:14 PM »

I've also had the procedure while bleeding - I only told them when I arrived as I didn't want them cancelling.  The gynae said that it was fine and would make it easier for them to insert the scope. Are you having a general anaesthetic?  I've had 3 done under general anaesthetic and during the last one I had polyps removed and mirena inserted.  Best of luck for tomorrow.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 04:35:26 PM »

Thanks GraceM. I rang hospital today, and they said it’s not a problem. So I’m in tomorrow, having GA, and really hoping that Mirena will help with my bleeding. Conti didn’t help, and Utrogestan just knocks me out and makes me feel really groggy, plus still bleeding.

Are you getting on OK with Mirena?