News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Aches  (Read 1053 times)

YvonneC

• First Flush
Aches
« on: November 12, 2023, 08:05:17 AM »

Can anyone assist, since being told I was Perimenopausal following a visit to my doctor as I was feeling genuinely unwell and emotional and sore all over, I was prescribed Everol, been in patches for 3 weeks now and every day my muscles in my arms legs and back are constantly in pain, some mornings I feel physically that I can’t get out of bed and I’m walking like someone who has ran a marathon the night before. I’ve not long got back from a holiday in where I did walk a great deal (42miles) but I would have thought those muscle pains should have subsided now, I’m actually getting really worried as scared is something underlying this, I’ve always been very active and very mobile and now I just feel the absolute opposite and it’s all happen so fast , any advice or if anyone feeling the same then it may appease me to just get on with this and through it in the hope it will soon be ok.

jorainbow

Re: Aches
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 02:10:18 PM »

Today I feel like I'm about 90. My ankle hurts, my right hips aches and even walking is painful. I'm 54!!! It is absolutely my worst symptom so I understand how you feel.

YvonneC

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 04:05:35 PM »

Can anyone assist, since being told I was Perimenopausal following a visit to my doctor as I was feeling genuinely unwell and emotional and sore all over, I was prescribed Everol, been in patches for 3 weeks now and every day my muscles in my arms legs and back are constantly in pain, some mornings I feel physically that I can’t get out of bed and I’m walking like someone who has ran a marathon the night before. I’ve not long got back from a holiday in where I did walk a great deal (42miles) but I would have thought those muscle pains should have subsided now, I’m actually getting really worried as scared is something underlying this, I’ve always been very active and very mobile and now I just feel the absolute opposite and it’s all happen so fast , any advice or if anyone feeling the same then it may appease me to just get on with this and through it in the hope it will soon be ok.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 04:09:21 PM »

I'm wondering, could it be that your activity levels have dipped since coming back from the hol where you did all the walking and your body has seized up a bit as a result?

You could try Epsom salt baths, magnesium supplements or body butter for the muscle aches in the meantime.

How you feel is how i feel when my estrogen is too low - sore, achey and basically old. Could it be that you need to increase your levels?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 04:19:50 PM »

those muscles are probably still in shock  ::) and as they loss tone there may be aches and pains

Peri-menopausal are the years leading up to the final period = menopause.  During which time, as hormone levels fluctuate muscles may become lax as well as the body may become dry: inside and out.

YvonneC

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 06:11:00 PM »

:) :)Thank you all for your kind words and advice in general, that’s meant the world to me, I’ve just ordered Epsom salt and magnesium flakes for bath plus magnesium supplements, I’ll have my finger a crossed it helps, I’ve been going out my mind with worry. Thank you so much for your time to all reply 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 08:03:08 PM »

What's the worst that symptoms could be at our time of Life?  Sadly medics are so un-informed about peri menopause and women don't get the support that they deserve!  It's more a learning curve for many medics!

Let us know how you get on.  We talk about most things, even menopause  ;)

Amber78

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 08:43:24 PM »

Hey there,
My over-arching symptom of peri-m is muscle aches. I've had scans and tests to check nothing else untoward is going on so I've put it down to hormones. I'm very active like you but some days I feel like I've ran a marathon and everything hurts. I'm not on hrt, recently upped doses of vit d, omega 3 and magnesium - I'm hoping these kick in soon and provide some relief  . I'd be interested to know how you get on and wish you back to full strength asap x

YvonneC

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2023, 06:34:15 AM »

I spoke to my GP yesterday as I was reduced to tears with my husband in the morning as I couldn’t hardly physically walk. I’d had my usual morning shower to try relax my muscles and got out, dropped my deodorant in the floor and couldn’t even bend to pick it up as when I did the pain was literally debilitating to my body, I broke down crying. I feel helpless, my gp said this is rare side effect and try to continue the 3 months, I am going to but something inside me never wants a patch on me again. As the day goes by I loosen up a bit but finding this is having a massive effect on my day to day life , I just feel constantly I always agony. I’ve doing everything I can, magnesium, eating more bananas having Epsom salt baths etc…. I’m lost right now, it’s just taken me 15 mins to actually be able to get out of bed as I couldn’t move .

Bass1979

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2023, 07:05:21 AM »

Hi

Apart from the mornings is there any other time you are worse than others for example day after patch change ?
U might have already said but what dose you on ?

Every thing is 3mths and good luck hope you can hold out that long, I didn’t 6 weeks I lasted due to debilitating migraines.

Am hoping things improve for you this menopause journey is hard and different for everyone
Wish you well x

YvonneC

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2023, 09:18:21 AM »

Thank you Bass, I’m on everol 50 sequential, there’s no pattern that I can see other than dreadfully bad in The morning then slightly loosen up during day but bed time it’s like my whole body freezes up again. To say I’m scared is an understatement but as mentioned, GP said The long run it will do me more good, I’m not a person who whinges or moans and I get on with things come hell or high water. But even my husband has said he’s never seen me like this, this morning, like yesterday I was ready to rip the patch off, but I didn’t (stubborn maybe) I don’t know, if I wasn’t in work and moving (slowly) I would actual think I’ve been run over by a train and stuck in a horizontal posture al day. I’m taking regular pain killers and ibuprofen and praying things start to improve but I feel like I’m in a storm before calm…. I hope that’s the case anyway xx