Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Itchy, dry scalp driving me mad  (Read 2579 times)

Bandango42

Re: Itchy, dry scalp driving me mad
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2023, 08:31:12 PM »

Sorry, also meant to say no, I haven't had my hair done recently. I desperately need it doing though, however I'm too scared to mess with my head at the moment in case it makes things worse.

Guess I'll be looking like the Grinch this Christmas 😂

Penguin

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2023, 08:39:11 PM »

Penguin, how lovely of you to take the time to find that out for me ♥️

Thank you, and I will definitely check that out. It means a lot xx

You're very welcome x

Katherine

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2023, 09:17:32 PM »

Hi

I have recently increased my oestrogen to 100 patch from 75, about 5 weeks ago. Same time I also started on continuous utrogestan.

The last week I have developed an unbearable itchy scalp, and have noticed several dry patches too. I also itch on my body but nowhere near the extent of my head. I have changed my shampoo to E45 shampoo, invested in satin pillow cases (more for hair/skin benefits) and have been taking antihistamines most days but nothing is helping. I have done a search on here and almost all the posts suggest low oestrogen but considering I've increased mine, this doesn't make sense for me. I currently have no other symptoms of low oestrogen, the increase has relieved the return of symptoms but this scalp thing has come out of nowhere.

It's driving me insane and freaking me out, does anyone have any advice on how to deal with it, get rid of it or ideas on whether it still could be low oestrogen?

Thanks xx

I suggest buying a jar of coconut oil, Aldi sell it cheaply, and massage it into your scalp. I think it will really sooth it. You can leave it on a while and then wash off with a mild shampoo. Oils are really soothing in the scalp. Jojoba oil is good too.

Bungo

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2023, 09:11:10 AM »

I found Moogoo products good for itchy scalp. I use the scalp cream once a week too , put on scalp the day before I wash hair( overnight)

Bandango42

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023, 09:16:42 AM »

Thank you for the recommendations, they're really useful. Hopefully something will work, itching driving me insane!
Pages: 1 [2]