Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Crawling itchy skin  (Read 2140 times)

MrsSnow

• First Flush
Crawling itchy skin
« on: November 09, 2023, 07:16:59 PM »

Does anybody get I itchy crawly skin from top to toe all the time.  I’m 57 about 5 years post menopausal.  Had this sensation for a few days now.  I’m really freaking out.  I already get health anxiety and general anxiety!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Crawling itchy skin
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 07:36:44 PM »

Yep.   :welcomemm:  4 many it's as oestrogen levels drop.  For me it was insteps as I stepped out of socks into my evening bath followed by across the shoulders below my neck  ::) and I would wake in the night with 1 ruff heel scratching the other.  That was at the end of perimenopause as periods stopped.

My DH uses 'nivea' for his legs and feet.  If U don't have a rash then mayB try some hand cream on the areas and make an appt with your Nurse Practitioner to rule out other conditions  = aneamia or other diseases affecting kidneys, thyroid, or liver issues can cause itching sensations. 

Don't panic and don't GOOGLE

Let us know how you get on.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 07:39:46 PM by CLKD »

marge

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 09:15:24 PM »

Itchy right arm comes and goes. Nothing to see, so l just puts loads of moisturising cream on it which seems to help.

Northerngirl

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 09:04:33 AM »

Does anybody get I itchy crawly skin from top to toe all the time.  I’m 57 about 5 years post menopausal.  Had this sensation for a few days now.  I’m really freaking out.  I already get health anxiety and general anxiety!
Yes I've had this on and off for years....postmenopausal like you. Mine tends to be the scalp mainly and down below unfortunately

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 10:01:05 AM »

NorthernGirl - how R U treating 'down below', do you mean the vulval/vaginal areas?