Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New starter HRT  (Read 914 times)

Zedders

• First Flush
New starter HRT
« on: November 04, 2023, 12:07:25 PM »

Hi all, I'm new here!
I've just started HRT, Evorel patches and Utrogestan (after I spent ages trying to get my doctor to listen to me and let me try) I've had fibroids for quite a while, with quite heavy bleeding.

I started the patches which have been great, helped with all my symptoms, my extremely low moods, night sweats all the rest. I've taken my Utrogestan on day 15 (day 15 - day 26) and my bleeding is terrible at the moment, to the point of flooding and leaking onto my clothes  ☹️ my question is, has anyone else got fibroids and is on HRT that has helped with everything? Or improved after a while of being on HRT. Really struggling at the moment
Thank you

Nas

Re: New starter HRT
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 03:17:17 PM »

Hi and welcome  :)

Oestrogen is known to feed fibroids unfortunately.

Options could include having a coil fitted, to try to minimise bleeding, womb ablation, increase utrogestan to 200 each month or come off HRT. The latter shouldn’t have to be an option, particularly if hrt makes you feel well.

I would see about upping that utrogestan; that may lighten the bleeds. If that doesn’t work, maybe consider the mirena coil ?

Best of luck 🤞

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 05:28:15 PM »

Hi!  How au fait is the GP regarding menopause?

There are medications that can ease bleeding, I would suggest that you ask for treatment and then mayB a womb scan to measure the depth of the lining.  Then proceed.

If U meet resistance ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic.  Browse round.  Make notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 06:32:55 PM »

Or get the fibroids removed.

Tulip123

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 11:52:46 PM »

I am taking the same HRT (evorel 50 and Utrogestran for half the month) and had bleeding most days for over a year before I got treatment. They found a polyp which had to be removed and they think the HRT caused it as I didn't have enough progesterone to balance the estrogen ( I am in peri menopause so estrogen is still going up and down).

They have removed the polyp and added in the minipill to give me extra progesterone. So far, things have settled down. A coil was another option for progesterone.

You may need similar treatment if the fibroids are causing the problem.