Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Morning anxiety and nausea  (Read 1371 times)

Carabelle

Morning anxiety and nausea
« on: November 07, 2023, 08:38:19 AM »

The morning anxiety and nausea is driving me nuts! (54 + post) Honestly…trying to be positive but it’s wearing me down. Back on the Evorel Conti to help with night sweats/sleep 3 weeks ago, not sure if that’s making things worse. Night sweats have calmed but still waking through the night imagining all sorts! Health anxiety through the roof between the acid reflux issue (kept under control with 15mg of lansoprazole daily) and now for the last month mid back pain out of the blue. Don’t want to sound like a moan but how does everyone else cope?

Carabelle

Re: Morning anxiety and nausea
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 09:49:07 AM »

It really is! If only there was some kind of magic wand!

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 09:54:02 AM »

I stopped hrt last week and today and the morning anxiety and nausea has returned. I'd forgotten what it was like. I think poor sleep and being tired in the morning doesn't help.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 09:54:30 AM »

Hi nausea and morning anxiety for me were a sign of low oestrogen.

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 09:58:31 AM »

Exactly this. I'm trying to sort out an alternative to utrogestan though. Will be a month before I have something in place. Husband asking what's the lesser of two evils, I don't know the answer to that yet.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 10:00:56 AM »

The morning hormone cortisol can cause anxiety and nausea.  How is your diet over all?

Carabelle

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 11:45:02 AM »

The morning hormone cortisol can cause anxiety and nausea.  How is your diet over all?

I would say my diet is fine CLD. I did have my hand in a bag of Revels earlier but on the whole, I do eat healthily. No caffeine, very little alcohol, if at all and balanced meals. Exercise regularly too.

Carabelle

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 11:47:04 AM »

I stopped hrt last week and today and the morning anxiety and nausea has returned. I'd forgotten what it was like. I think poor sleep and being tired in the morning doesn't help.
Totally agree Penguin. I woke at 4.41 this morning and thought here we go again! I focused on my breathing and eventually feel back asleep. Just feel groggy in the morning but it dies generally wear off as the day does on.

Carabelle

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 11:52:56 AM »

I’m back on the patches Dotty so should be getting enough oestrogen. I mentioned the morning anxiety to the GP back in June and she told me to use the Daylight app which is endorsed by the NHS. Didn’t really help…

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2023, 12:11:43 PM »

Revels - now there's a memory  ;D

Anxiety can be caused by low blood sugar so I find that eating really regularly helps.  an App - it seems that's all the World is focussed on  >:(

Some find that an anti-anxiety medication as necessary or regularly can ease symptoms, my GP prescribed betablockas which helped.

Carabelle

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2023, 12:23:24 PM »

Revels - now there's a memory  ;D

Anxiety can be caused by low blood sugar so I find that eating really regularly helps.  an App - it seems that's all the World is focussed on  >:(

Some find that an anti-anxiety medication as necessary or regularly can ease symptoms, my GP prescribed betablockas which helped.

I try to eat little and often to avoid the dip. I suppose it would explain the morning issue though, blood sugar levels drop during the night hence anxiety first thing?

App was a waste of time. Next stop anti anxiety meds at a low dosage. Might be what’s needed.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2023, 01:09:24 PM »

What's to lose?

I had biscuits by the bed so the puppy soon learned that after her early morning P, there was food  ;D

Penguin

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2023, 01:14:29 PM »

I’m back on the patches Dotty so should be getting enough oestrogen. I mentioned the morning anxiety to the GP back in June and she told me to use the Daylight app which is endorsed by the NHS. Didn’t really help…

Perhaps your own levels have changed and you need an increase? One thing estrogen did really quickly was help with the sleep amend the nausea. Now I only get bad sleep when on the progesterone as I overheat on it. What you are describing does sound hormonal.

You could try having a snack when you wake in the night. I had either a banana or a couple of oatcakes in the lead up to startimg hrt. If you have sudden wakening due to cortisol, you could also have acid being produced that needs something to work on?

Dotty

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2023, 01:48:32 PM »

Hi it can take up to 3 months to build your levels up. x

Carabelle

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2023, 04:16:54 PM »

Hi it can take up to 3 months to build your levels up. x
I know. Thing is, having been on the patches from Jan until June, I still felt the same having been on them that length of time. I’ll see if it settles down as my body readjusts.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2