Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How long after stopping hrt do hormones level out  (Read 594 times)

Marsal7878

How long after stopping hrt do hormones level out
« on: November 05, 2023, 03:57:00 PM »

Hi
I stopped hrt a week and a bit ago due to it making me feel really ill! I felt sick, dizzy, very anxious and also suffered terrible acid reflux and stomach spasms .  I had only been on hrt 8 weeks but think I was pushed into the decision before I was ready. What I'd really like to know is how long will it now take for my hormones to be pre hrt levels as felt better off it than I did on it!
Any advice welcome
Thank you

SarahT

Re: How long after stopping hrt do hormones level out
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 04:47:11 PM »

Hi, it may be worth looking at the thread started by Penguin ( how long before etc) which is continued on this first page of threads,  her reasons of stopping are different to yours but some answers from others water ended may help

Marsal7878

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 04:52:09 PM »

Thank you 😊
I did look through buy can't find the answers I'm looking for  :( xx

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 04:59:58 PM »

Someone did say it took 3 months for their symptoms of meno to come back after stopping. I'd say you need to give a good month for it all to be put of your system amd things to calm down. But you will also need to address diet triggers too for the reflux. Now that you have had a flare up, it probably won't go without you making changes.

Marsal7878

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 05:07:32 PM »

The annoying thing is I didn't really have any real symptoms other than heart palpitations!! Ive started on omeprazole so hoping that will help. I just want to go back to normal  :(
Thank you

Bass1979

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 07:14:58 PM »

Hi

Am so glad I came across your post, I have just come off my patch after 6 weeks (oestrogen only) due to bad headaches.
I was looking for the same answer, I have been off 4 days now and my headaches have not improved, not got worse but not improved my doctor does not seem interested.
I was bad with anxiety/panic attacks and moods before the HRT that’s why I started it, the patch did help with that however am currently feeling a lot worse because the headaches are worrying me.
Am getting to the point where I don’t know how much I can take I just want to be me again and I can’t see light at the end of the tunnel.

So even only being on the patch for 6 weeks (for you 8 weeks) it could take a few months to be fully out ur system??