Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Patches falling off  (Read 517 times)

FunkyFrankie

Patches falling off
« on: November 06, 2023, 09:31:01 PM »

Hi groovesters
Right, so after two weeks of Evorel 75 patches, I’ve learned the following:
When they’re stuck to the outer top of my thigh, they work almost instantly.  The all over itching stops! I stop snapping my husband’s head off!
When I stick them to my lower stomach, they do not work.  >:(
Also, when they’re stuck ANYWHERE apart from my upper thigh, they become loose!  I’ve taken to fastening them with Elastoplast before going in the shower! 
I’m applying them to dry skin, no body lotion, I’m not hairy, I don’t sweat (call me Andy) and I am doing everything right … so apart from resorting to a giant plaster over the patch, is there anything I can do to make these stick properly?

Emzib0b

Re: Patches falling off
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 10:22:34 PM »

Hi FunkyFrankie,

Are you placing a (warm) hand over the patch for 30 seconds after applying it? It helps activate the glue. I use my inner forearm at this time of year as my hands are never warm!

Some of us use something called Tegaderm dressing to secure our patches. You can buy it as individual dressings or on a roll (the roll works out much cheaper - you can buy it on EBay).

Pixie

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 10:12:09 AM »

I use an alcohol wipe 5-10 mins before. I press a warm hand over it with some pressure and rub down the edges. I notice when I put it on my right thigh, the side I sleep on, they stick very well and stay stuck. The other side not so much.

I use mefix tape to tape the edges, you're not supposed to cover the whole patch with anything.

Absorption rates for abdomen is lower than thigh, upper buttocks has the most absorption followed by thigh. Some put it on their bum cheeks, I suppose the pressure of sitting on it a lot will keep them stuck so you could try that.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 01:05:02 PM »

I put the hair dryer on mine then press down well particularly at the edges.

FunkyFrankie

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 03:37:11 PM »

These replies are so helpful (and made me smile!).  Thank you so much.  This is a brilliant support forum!