Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and utrogestan  (Read 588 times)

Kaz210909

Oestrogel and utrogestan
« on: November 04, 2023, 09:32:23 PM »

Hi all,

I've just moved from evorel sequi to oestrogel 2 pumps a day and utrogestan 200mg for 12 days.
I'm peri and initially the patches worked really well for about 6 months, last couple of months quite a few of my symptoms came back, problems sleeping, PMS, heavy periods and my bleed started coming at the wrong time of the pack of patches. The GP couldn't alter the dosage of the patch so has suggested the gel and tablets.
I've tried doing research for timings to take the tablets as I think it may be confusing if the date I start the tablets is always changing depending on how long the month is.
So my question is can I stary taking the utrogestan on the same day every month for 12 days? Which will make it easier to remember.
Also how have others found this combination of HRT? Seems to be very much hit and miss with the utrogestan, from what I've read.
Thanks in advance.

Dotty

Re: Oestrogel and utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 07:06:47 AM »

Hi yes you can start it on the same date each month.

You may need more than 2 pumps . 2 pumps is roughly equal to the patch you were on so if your symptoms had come back it might mean you need more. It will depend on how you absorb it.

Kaz210909

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 07:48:32 AM »

Hi Dotty,

Thank you for letting me know about the dosage. I was wondering how it compared to the patches. I'll keep a close eye on it and if I don't have any improvement then I'll get back in touch with my GP.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 09:35:29 AM »

Although you can do it this way it may not be a good idea. Hrt is designed to work with your cycle, it doesn't take over in the way a bcp does. So if you don't have a strong cycle of your own this can work quite well. If you do you may find you have 2 periods in a month, your own and the hrt induced one.