Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Not good in the morning  (Read 539 times)

Pmj 28

Not good in the morning
« on: November 01, 2023, 08:18:53 AM »

Hi ladies, not good in the mornings for the last few weeks, a bit anxious and emotional,  very tired and ache knees and hot flushes in the mornings i only ues to get them on the night went to the doctors, last week and got to see a lovely lady and she told me to do  4 pumps was on 3 pumps and i take utrogestan 200mg for 12days and have light bleeds ,she is referring me to a menopause clinic.
Been in peri for 9 years I am 54, just wondering how long before I will start to feel ok.
Plus my sister-in-law has just  found out she has lymphoma. So not sure if that is all so making my feel anxious .
Take care xx
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 08:53:11 AM by Pmj 28 »

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
Re: Not good in the morning
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 09:17:41 AM »

It takes a while for the new dose to take effect as I'm sure you know.
It could be your ovaries finally packed up after years of peri and you're replacing all of the oestrogen now, you know something changed.
I can't sleep taking Utrogestan or for a few days after it and taking Utrogestan cancels out some of the good effects of Oestrogel for me.(I'm on 3 pumps and Utrogestan 200mg vaginally for 12 days)
The hot flushes day or night creep back during Utrogestan days and I've wondered if taking 100mg continuously would settle things and maybe it's fluctuations causing my problems.

It seems odd to switch you to 12 days at your age, also my age, most get switched to continuous at this age. Was it to regulate your periods?
I found my periods don't care much when I take Utrogestan, my cycle isn't quite overridden, but despite having a cycle, I don't bleed now unless forced by HRT.

PS, I meant to say I feel really anxious lying awake with utrogestan and it carries into the next day, but mornings are always when I get the majority of the bad symptoms, hormone levels are highest then pre-menopause, but I don't know about in menopause.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 09:31:49 AM by pastie supper »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 10:01:32 AM »

Sorry about your SinL  - any extra anxiety will impact on our early mornings, I am the same.  Worry guts until mid afternoon when stressed  >:(.  Does your SinL have a treatment Plan yet?  My dog did well on chemo.

Did your GP suggest upping from 3-4 immediately or to ease the new amount in over a few nights initially, i.e. not every night? 

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 01:08:18 PM »

I'd like to able to remember how long it took me but meno brain here... :(. When I first started hrt it took 3 months to go completely. When I increased due to anxiety and insomnia returning (twice) it didn't take so long. I think it was 2-4 weeks but really can't be certain, sorry.

Pmj 28

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 01:26:11 PM »

Thank you CLKD, yes she told me to start straight away,  hoping when I go to the menopause clinic they will be able to tell me ,bit still waiting to here from them,
Take the gel in the morning,not to bad on the utrogestan.
My sister-in-law had a biopsy not had results yet so don't know what type of lymphoma it isx