Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Serenity 20-1 cream vs Kliovance?  (Read 488 times)

JujuShanza

• First Flush
Serenity 20-1 cream vs Kliovance?
« on: November 02, 2023, 10:16:24 AM »

Hi,

I've tried a few HRT types over the last 3 years, I didn't get on at all with prescribed Evorel sequi and I'm thinking of trying the Serenity cream in a low dose to start with.  Also I could try Kliovance, again on a low dose.  Does anyone have an experience of these or any advice?  It's such a minefield and my GP just seems to have a one size fits all approach  ::)    I'm 55, post menopausal with lots of symptoms and I'd just like to feel a bit more on an even keel with some return of libido.

Thank you!  Juju

Dorothy Gale

Re: Serenity 20-1 cream vs Kliovance?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 11:33:36 AM »

Hi Juju

Nice to meet you.

I could have written that exact post!

I bought the 20-1 serenity wellsprings pump ages ago but been to scared to try it and bit sceptical and very little feedback anywhere on the Internet of women who have tried it and a few articles saying these types of 'natural' hormone creams etc are to be avoided or a waste of time so no idea what to think?

......like you, the sequi didn't suit and I cannot go down the HRT rabbit hole...like you said, it's a minefield. I completely agree with the gps one box fits all.....

I can't offer any help I'm afraid....only that you're not alone as I'm in a similar boat tho late perimenopausal.

Hopefully some other lovely people on here can help you more.

I'll keep an eye to the thread.

Best wishes xx

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 01:39:19 PM »

Try tibolone.
I used it for a while and my libido and energy levels in general were great.
Now on Oestrogel/Utrogestan my libido has fallen, but it comes back when I don't take Utrogestan.

Oestrogel and Utrogestan have unpleasant side effects for me and I'm considering going back on tibolone because for me it had no side effects at all, it didn't completely resolve my hot flushes but it reduced them and solved all the other less well defined symptoms, including anxiety after a few weeks.

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 01:43:33 PM »

Hi Pastie

May I ask what Tibolone is please? Where do you get it? Etc.

Thank you.

XXX

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 10:27:50 AM »

It's "the other type" of hormonal treatment for menopause, it's not always called HRT, my GP calls it the alternative to HRT.
Prescription only, no problem to get prescribed in the UK by most GPs. It's listed in the treatments pages on this forum as Postmenopausal: HRT (e) on the list, they call it Livial but that's just one brand, tibolone is the generic name of the medicine.

It is classed as an anabolic steroid that prevents bone loss after menopause, but it has also been found to lessen cardiovascular disease and other aging illnesses in older women and help menopausal symptoms.
I don't know what it's made from, chemicals in a lab I guess, it's one tiny white pill a day and I found it to have no bad side effects at all which was quite something after the horrible side effects of the oestrogen &progestin types.

The only reason I'm messing with the "normal HRT" again is because I couldn't have tibolone for a while, it clashed with another medical thing.
I'm allowed it again now so will probably switch back quite soon.

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 08:35:49 AM »

Thank you for your reply and explaining what it is.

Best wishes

Xx