Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estradot availability  (Read 1186 times)

Scampidoodle

Estradot availability
« on: December 18, 2023, 10:54:20 AM »

Hi

I’m wondering if anyone has found any updates on when Estradot May become available. The BMS website is not updated regularly and the last time it was it said that it would be back late November.

I’m not looking to change patch as I’m v v sensitive to changes.

It’s not in any online pharmacies and my private meno consultant can’t get hold of it either.

Thanks!

Joaniepat

Re: Estradot availability
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 11:22:46 AM »

Diane Danzebrink gave an update last week on the Menopause Support Network  fb page. The same info should be on her Instagram page. Estradot patches are now being distributed to the warehouses, in theory at least, with the exception of the 50s which are still unavailable. (Just been to enquire about my 100s but they haven't reached here yet.)
JP x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 12:09:13 PM »

Oh thanks Joaniepat, I appreciate your reply!! X

Scampidoodle

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 02:22:58 PM »

I’m still not able to get any Estradot 25’s - has anyone had any luck since this latest shipment?

SarahT

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 02:30:34 PM »

Hi just posted on a different thread but today I got 3 months supply of Estradot, 3 boxes of 100 and 3 boxes of 25s.  May be worth trying any chemists in your area as you could ask for your prescription to be sent to anyone who has stock. Just be aware, if they can only  give you a part prescription, you can only get any remainder from the same chemist. ( i.e you need 3 boxes of 50s and they only have one in stock at that time, you must wait for them to get the next 2 in stock, you will not be able to get the remainder elsewhere)

Also, my own pharmacy has been very helpful and at some time they amended my prescriptions, as I need 125, the 100 and 25s were hard to get. I had 2 old boxes of 50s at home and they allowed me to have 2 new boxes of 75s to make up the correct strength) maybe yours Will help you out that way?

Scampidoodle

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 02:43:22 PM »

Was that via your GP or privately?

SarahT

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 06:02:34 PM »

No Scampi
Always by my NHS surgery. They have tried so hard to help me, knowing I couldn't tolerate Everol, which was the alternative. It's been a real struggle, at times I have had very odd combinations of patches to get my correct strength. Hope this may be a start to all getting the patches that suit them best.
Hard enough with your the added anxiety. ( I was in floods of tears at some points) x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2023, 07:43:46 PM »

That’s great to know then thanks Sarah, I’ll chase my pharmacy tomorrow then as they’ve been sitting on my prescription for ages!! X

2cats

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2024, 01:16:15 PM »

Hi

I managed to pick up my oestrodot patches last Wednesday but I had to get 25s and 75s to make up to 100, which weren’t available.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2024, 03:53:18 PM »

I feel like my pharmacy is just pretty terrible!! I’ve had my 25’s on order for about 2 months!

Pippa52

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 01:58:54 PM »

My Meno consultant said last week that they are coming back on stream and being distributed again.  50 patches seems to not be available yet but she prescribed me 25's to double up on which came the next day.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2024, 02:19:07 PM »

Thanks all. I finally got a delivery of the 25’s from my consultant who uses a private pharmacy. Nothing from my nhs one who just claims they’re out of stock everywhere!