Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is my 12 months up  (Read 422 times)

Milk Thistle

• First Flush
Is my 12 months up
« on: October 30, 2023, 04:39:44 PM »

Hi. Im new here posting although I have several times looked at this site over the years

So im 49 and have been on HRT for maybe 18 months. I have in the last 3 months halved my tablets and have felt no change and no difference.

Anyway, today is my 12 months with no bleeding,and officially menopause, well I think it is and this is my question.

I have in the last year had no bleeding of any kind except after sex 6 weeks ago, 1 tiny spot of brown blood. Maybe the size of half a match head which appeared on a liner. Do I need to take notice of this or am I done or does this mean Im back to counting another 12 months until menopause  :'(. I have had no problems with the HRT at all thank goodness

Please does anyone know

Thanks in advance

Taz2

Re: Is my 12 months up
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 06:11:17 PM »

Hi Milk Thistle. If you are on HRT then you have no way f knowing when you are post meno. Are you on sequential or continuous HRT? The usual age doctors seem to go by to say you are post Meno if you are on HRT is 52/53.

As for your post sex spot of blood I would mention this to your GP as it is important that any bleeding/spotting after sex should be checked out. I appreciate it's only a tiny spot. Are you up to date with your smears?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Milk Thistle

• First Flush
Re: Is my 12 months up
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 08:36:25 PM »

Hi. Ah OK thank you. I knew it was too easy ! Yes up to date with smears
The HRT is continuous 2mg a day but obviously now Iv halved the tablets. I had terrible atrophy before the HRT but its alot better now
Thank you for your help and advise 🙏