Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: VA treatments - what are they derived from?  (Read 506 times)

Shorty Pants

VA treatments - what are they derived from?
« on: October 30, 2023, 07:07:35 PM »

Hi everyone,
I'm continuing on my journey with coming off HRT.  I've been off the patches for a while and things seem to be settling down.

I started on Vagirux about 4 weeks ago, which seems to be helping dryness internally a bit, although I do think I need some oestrogen cream externally too. 
The only side effect appears to be tenderness/slight pain similar to period pain/v. full bladder.  More discomfort than pain really.  Is this actually a side-effect and if so, is it likely to go?

I have been very sensitive to the Yam-based oestrogen previously and less so to soy-based products (e.g. evorel better tolerated than estradot).  I can't find out what vaginal oestrogen products are made from anywhere, as I'd like to use soy-based if at all available.  Any thoughts where I might find this info, as I can't find it on any patient info leaflets.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: VA treatments - what are they derived from?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 07:10:20 PM »

Hi - can't help other than to suggest that your current VA treatment ins't enough - it's the cheap version apparently : how often are you using it?

Shorty Pants

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 08:04:16 PM »

Hi - can't help other than to suggest that your current VA treatment ins't enough - it's the cheap version apparently : how often are you using it?
Thanks as ever CLKD.  I started with some loading doses of every other day, but due to the tummy tenderness went onto 2 x per week as per the instructions and it now seems to come and go a bit - i.e. some days this is less so than others, although there doesn't appear to be a pattern in relation to the days I use this.  I'm definitely not so dry internally, but I agree that I probably need more.

I did a search for vagirux on here and see people have had mixed responses to it.  Any pointers to existing posts that spring to mind would be appreciated.  :) 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 08:33:25 PM »

I wonder whether contacting the company directly asking the question? 

Shorty Pants

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 10:18:05 PM »

I wonder whether contacting the company directly asking the question?
Yes, I guess that could be an option if no-one seems to know.  I'd be interested on any info on the other brands/types too though.  I keep thinking I have this hormone thing worked out, then it just gets more complicated again!  I mean... 3 types of oestrogen?!  ??? ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 10:19:11 AM »

There is our natural body lowering of oestrogen as we age.

HRT can be altered due to those rises and falls when the bodies oestrogen levels alter.  Otherwise, 4 me it's a mine field!