Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen result  (Read 710 times)

Hopeful2

Oestrogen result
« on: October 30, 2023, 06:49:51 PM »

Hello ladies.

I'm looking for some advice please.

I've just had a blood test. Oestradiol is 160 pmol/L. Progesterone 5.1 nmol/L. Is this Good or bad? My anxiety is unbearable and I need to make apt to discuss results with doctor. Any advice please.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogen result
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 07:11:51 PM »

Who did the blood test?

Do U think that the anxiety is hormonally related: some find adding an appropriate AD helps.

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 07:23:55 PM »

160 pmol for oestrogen is quite low, but really you should be treated on how you feel rather than on blood test results.
JP x

Hopeful2

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 07:54:21 PM »

Thank you for your kind replies ladies.

My GP did the blood test. Blood test last time was 320 for oestrogen but that was on old oestrogel pump was taking 2 pumps & feeling good.

But on the new style pump have been feeling dreadful, crying everyday with terrible dry mouth cant believe its gone down to 160 when I've upped to 2 pumps & tiny bit. I get terrible bite like spots that lasts for weeks when I up oestrogel and that makes anxiety worse.

joziel

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 10:34:48 PM »

There are so many women now complaining about the new pumps. Do file a Yellow card report because the more women than complain the more they will have to investigate it.

160pmol is very low. For just bone health etc, you need to be over 250pmol. After that you should be treated on symptoms alone (not bloods) up to 4 pumps of gel. Only if you are still symptomatic at 4 pumps should you have bloods run to check you are absorbing it. If bloods are still low and you're at 4 pumps, you can then go higher... You shouldn't have the side effects of increasing the dose because you're not really increasing it (if you see what I mean) - your blood levels are not going higher, they are just going back to where they were when you increase...

Hopeful2

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 12:04:55 AM »

Thank you very much for replying.

I think I will switch to Sandrena. I don't know if that's stronger? Would I need 2 x 1mg sachets to be the same as 2 pumps of oestrogel? Thank you for your help.

Bungo

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 12:32:10 PM »

Im late perimenopausal,last period in Jan. Was getting bloods taken before applying gel in the am and showed levels like yours..The last time I got bloods taken, I used gel in the morning on my legs and got bloods taken 7.hours later. Oestrodial was only 80. So  I think it's important.to test after applying gel to ensure absorbing. The main reason I'm taking is for bone health so am glad I discovered this

Hopeful2

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 07:17:44 PM »

Thank you Bungo for your reply. I had just applied it before my blood test.

I am having terrible trouble with constant sore burning tongue. I'm hoping when I get my oestrogen up I will get some relief and hoping it's not the utrogestan causing this issue.

joziel

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 11:38:24 AM »

Burning tongue is a known low estrogen problem.

The thing is, they can create these lovely tables showing us what the equivalent doses are - but since we tend to absorb these things differently, it's all a bit arbitrary really. Like I get much more estrogen from 3 pumps of gel than from a 75 patch. So really... pick the method of administration you like, gradually increase until symptoms go. If you get to the max licenced dose and symptoms still haven't gone (that's 4 pumps of gel or 100 patch) then have bloods done and if they come back low, you can go higher... But switching from one thing to another can mean starting the figuring-out-the-dose thing from scratch because we absorb different products differently.