Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Supply issues again!  (Read 938 times)

Kelrob12

Supply issues again!
« on: October 30, 2023, 04:53:29 PM »

Hello everyone!
Not totally new to the forum post now and then. Have been away for a while as was just trying to stop thinking about hormones all the time  😂. Thats not to say I've felt right - I was just getting so fed up thinking all the time about symptoms and what to do. Im on the NHS waiting list for the Meno clinic (its been 18 months already).
Anyway im on estradot and cant get hold of it - read a few old posts about estradot vs evorell and how different people feel on each. I was wondering if there was any current members that prefer one or the other or that have switched and felt different? I cant say I feel fab on estradot so given I may be forced onto evorelle (at least for a short time) was wondering other peoples thoughts. Im on the 100mg patch btw.

thanks Kelly

SarahT

Re: Supply issues again!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 05:10:04 PM »

To add onto this I did write to the actual manufacturer of Estradot,  ( has been moved to Sandoz as the new maker) and got the usual blurb of ' difficulty in obtaining the necessary ingredients'  etc when so last checked the serious supply websites it said 100 and 25 are not available, no issues with 50 or 75. Which will come  as some surprise to those on that dose as far as I can find none are available in any strength. It seems that January is being given as the availability date. Nightmare for many. I am on 125 estradot, evorel made me nauseous and headaches. I take my paper prescription to any town I visit and check their chemists. Have not had any since August. Am cutting old doses of wearing 3 patches at a time to get my 125 dose.
Atrocious isn't it?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 06:21:19 PM »

I was fine on evorel, I only changed because I became allergic to the glue. Perhaps get a month's worth to try, most people are OK on either so it's likely you will be too.

Kelrob12

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 12:24:17 PM »

To add onto this I did write to the actual manufacturer of Estradot,  ( has been moved to Sandoz as the new maker) and got the usual blurb of ' difficulty in obtaining the necessary ingredients'  etc when so last checked the serious supply websites it said 100 and 25 are not available, no issues with 50 or 75. Which will come  as some surprise to those on that dose as far as I can find none are available in any strength. It seems that January is being given as the availability date. Nightmare for many. I am on 125 estradot, evorel made me nauseous and headaches. I take my paper prescription to any town I visit and check their chemists. Have not had any since August. Am cutting old doses of wearing 3 patches at a time to get my 125 dose.
Atrocious isn't it?

January?! Blimey. Ive tried evorel before and seemed to absorb more on it. But I wasn't sure if that was just the timing of the blood test - as in the day of my patch not the month! But it looks like ill be having to try it agin - I too had so a stash but it runs out tomorrow 😂. Estradot and nice and small too which I like. x

Kelrob12

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 12:25:20 PM »

I was fine on evorel, I only changed because I became allergic to the glue. Perhaps get a month's worth to try, most people are OK on either so it's likely you will be too.

The post above say January for restock so it looks like I'll be using it. You never know I may prefer it! all I do know is, that if its between evorel and nothing evorel wins 😂
x

CeCe

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 01:37:45 PM »

Hello,

Estradot and estraderm are both oestradiol hemihydrate , whereas evorel is derived from yams and is just oestradiol. If you don’t get on with evorel, changing to estraderm (admittedly it’s an enormous patch), would be an option as it’s essentially the same as estradot.

Kelrob12

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 01:45:08 PM »

Hello,

Estradot and estraderm are both oestradiol hemihydrate , whereas evorel is derived from yams and is just oestradiol. If you don’t get on with evorel, changing to estraderm (admittedly it’s an enormous patch), would be an option as it’s essentially the same as estradot.
Ah great thanks, I didn't know that. I started originally on estraderm bit it was a 50 patch - your right the 100 is massive 😂. but short term it would be fine xx

SarahT

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 06:46:40 PM »

Might help me to CeCe thank you.

Have enough estradot to cover me for a while albeit in some strange combinations but estraderm may be a better alternative.
Thanks for that info