Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New member - peri menopause  (Read 3408 times)

Keeley123

• First Flush
New member - peri menopause
« on: October 30, 2023, 01:38:55 PM »

Hi all
Thank you for accepting me - so I’ve been to the doctors and had every blood test under the sun but it says that I’m not menopausal. I have night sweats, palpitations, loss interest in sex. Periods have been quite strange for about 2 years now - nausea, internal tremors….
Please could you give me advise?
I’m not going mad am I?
Many thanks
Keeley

jaypo

Re: New member - peri menopause
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 01:51:39 PM »

Hi Keeley & welcome to the forum,can I ask how old you are and for how long have you had the symptoms? It does sound like it's peri menopause,I've had every single symptom you mentioned & then some

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 01:54:51 PM »

Hello Keeley

Welcome! I agree with jaypo, sounds like perimenopause to me. Some gps aren't very clued up on peri and meno unfortunately
And No! Definitely not going mad despite me saying exactly the same thing when an first joined this forum.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 02:56:10 PM »

You are not menopausal.

:welcomemm: to the Wonderful World of Confusion.

As oestrogen levels drop from the age of 34 onwards, strange symptoms may develope : it's The Change, does what it says on the tin.  Many believe that menopause is end of periods and a few hot flushes, however, those peri-menopause years can be difficult.

The final period = menopause.   What is suggested is that when periods begin to wax and wane, to count for at least 12 months without a bleed - then we can think that we have reached menopause.  However, Mother Nature may throw in a curved ball!  ::)

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.  MayB decide which symptom U would like to ease first?  AND NO: you are not going mad!  It's natural aging.

Ask away, we've all been through most of what you are experiencing  ::)

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 03:26:29 PM »

Hormone levels are all over place during peri, which is why you should be treated on symptoms, not blood test reults. These are just a snapshot. Sounds as though you should be on HRT. Can you see a different GP, someone who knows something about the topic?
JP x

VioletAquarius

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 12:24:50 AM »

Welcome to the forum!

Blood tests for checking if you're peri menopause/menopause are very unreliable as hormones are always up and down all throughout the day so are impossible to confirm.

All your symptoms point towards peri menopause.

Keeley123

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 06:06:05 AM »

Hi everyone thank you all so much for responding - and even though I thought as much it is very reassuring that I am not thinking these things they are actually happening!
I just wanted to say I already feel very empowered joining this group- people who really understand and have experienced all this is always better than any doctor I find.
 :-*
In response to some a question- 
I am 47 and have had these symptoms for about 2 years.
I will see another GP - and HRT - is there a herbal form of it?
Thank you all so much you are all lovely xx

SarahT

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 08:19:02 AM »

Hello Keely,

After a year I still find being last of this amazing forum so supportive and full of info too. But of a back up plan if am having a very bad day!

As for herbal hrt, not everyone on here is on prescriptive hrt, there is an alternative therapy section which you might find helpful. I always swore I would never go on hrt as my vegetarian convictions were conflicted with how some of the older types were made. Then perimenopause knocked me to the floor...these days some types of hrt are soya based or ham based. Have a good browse to see what may suit your needs. Am sure you know some herbal medications can work against other conventional medicines so best to get advice.

Take care x

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2023, 08:27:23 AM »

If you don't go on hrt (like me) make sure you take care of your bone health,vit d+k is a must,sorry to all the other ladies who know me as I bang on about it all the time lol but everyone should take it,especially in the winter months  :) x

Smorzando

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2023, 06:41:27 PM »

r...these days some types of hrt are soya based or ham based.

I sincerely hope you meant “yam based”  :D

SarahT

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2023, 06:48:43 PM »

Oops! Seriously bad typo for a vegetarian!!!

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2023, 07:24:52 PM »

Oops! Seriously bad typo for a vegetarian!!!
;D ;D ;D