Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Acute anxiety if I apply my oestrogen patch late?  (Read 1595 times)

lilbebel

Acute anxiety if I apply my oestrogen patch late?
« on: October 24, 2023, 05:45:30 PM »

Hello, I’m wondering if anyone else experiences physical symptoms if they are a day or so late reapplying a fresh oestrogen patch? This morning, my anxiety was almost crippling. Within 20 minutes of applying a fresh oestrogen patch, I feel normal again. Do you think this is a coincidence or has anyone else experienced this? I’d be interested to hear from anyone. Thank you so much.

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
Re: Acute anxiety if I apply my oestrogen patch late?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 12:57:25 PM »

I barely got anything from Evorel or estradot patches and gave them up as I don't seem to absorb much from them.
However, even with only mildly good effects, those effects went away on day 4 of wearing a patch, in hot weather it could be day 3.
It's not meant to be worn longer than 4 days, but I found even on day 4 I could feel it was missing something.

Anxiety would be a prime candidate as a returning symptom.

As for applying patches, yes, half an hour max and that patch will have sorted you out if it's going to work at all, I find that amazing!
With other patches, Buprenorphine especially you can feel washing through your body and I'd soon be in withdrawal without it, but nicotine patches, sleep patches, travel sickness patches, I found all those excellent too.

I've had so many different patches, they definitely work in general, for a long time it was my preferred ROA for any medicine.
The only ones didn't work were the HRT patches!

I realised this nauseous, sweaty feeling can't be the desired effect of HRT and switched to Oestrogel. Now I know what the desired effect is. No more nausea, no more sweating.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 02:59:45 PM »

Anxiety is commonly a symptom of oestrogen deficiency so I think it's most likely your levels have fallen. On the plus side it's a good incentive to remember to change it  ;D

lilbebel

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 10:08:52 PM »

Thank you both for your feedback. It’s very helpful information. It’s crazy how powerful these hormones are. You actually reminding me that I have to go and change it now. I’m already a few hours later.