Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT, fibroids and adenomyosis  (Read 372 times)

Smorzando

HRT, fibroids and adenomyosis
« on: October 24, 2023, 03:57:07 PM »

Hello,

I had an ultrasound last week - referred by my GP because of really heavy periods (they’ve been bad for about five years now).

I had a previous diagnosis of endometriosis, back when I was 25 (I’m 48 now). In the last year I’ve had some hideously painful periods which I’d put down to that.

Started HRT about 2.5 months ago and noticed that I felt uncomfortable in my lower pelvis, a flare up of symptoms I’ve had on and off over the years - like carrying around sharp, heavy stones, if that makes any sense? And it can be painful to sit down, I have to sit down carefully otherwise it’s like sitting on a knife  :(

Anyway - ultrasound has shown ‘multiple fibroids’ as well as ‘cystic change most likely adenomyosis’.

Does anyone else have experience with dealing with this alongside trying to navigate HRT? All these conditions respond to estrogen, so it’s a balancing act. My GP has written to the menopause clinic for advice, as well as to gynaecology to see if they want to investigate further.

In the meantime I have booked to have a Mirena coil fitted in a few weeks (not looking forward to this at all!!) and I have been switched from two pumps of Oestrogel to Evorel 25 patches.

Thank you if you read all this  ;)