Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy, can I use Vagifem and Bissel Gel?  (Read 572 times)

Peri_Meno_Pain

• First Flush
Vaginal Atrophy, can I use Vagifem and Bissel Gel?
« on: October 24, 2023, 03:43:32 PM »

Hello all, bare with. I'm 40 years old and peri-menopuasal. All symptoms on the tick lost bar periods fully stopping. I had been taking Oestrogel (2 pumps) and progesterone for nearly 6 months but noticed no difference despite upping the dose under doctors supervision. The first symptom is vaginal atrophy. I've had it for years with no real rhyme or reason. We started vagifem and had some success but when I stopped the Oestrogel and progesterone the horrid vaginal atrophy returned. I had been lubing with YES gel but noted little improvement. The Oestrogel was making me feel nauseous so have now opted for localised HRT instead. I've been prescribed Blissel Gel Estriol 50mcg vaginal gel. Originally, it was going to be a cream and so continue with vagifem too. However, now I don't know what to do. Can I use the gel at night and Vagifem in the morning? Has anyone used the gel? I haven't found much online? I am starting to worry that there will be no solution for the atrophy. It comes at different times and is unbearable.

Joaniepat

Re: Vaginal Atrophy, can I use Vagifem and Bissel Gel?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 07:05:57 PM »

Hello, welcome to the forum!
I don't see why you shouldn't use both products, they are a very low dose after all, with no systemic absorption. I have never used Blissel, but use Vagifem daily with success. Vagifem internally plus Ovestin externally is used by many on the Forum, but you need to be using enough of both products, daily if necessary.
You might find the private Vaginal Atrophy Facebook support group a useful one to join.
JP x

Peri_Meno_Pain

• First Flush
Re: Vaginal Atrophy, can I use Vagifem and Bissel Gel?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 07:53:15 PM »

Thanks so much for your reply. I shall check the FB group out. I will consider the cream if this doesn't work. I've not given up on vagifem yet. I find I need it daily too. Hoping this works.