Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anyone still on sequential HRT after 65?  (Read 1861 times)

Jillyboo

Anyone still on sequential HRT after 65?
« on: October 24, 2023, 10:12:22 AM »

Just wondering as it's by far my preference!

sheila99

Re: Anyone still on sequential HRT after 65?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 12:26:35 PM »

Hurdity is. I expect be too but not there yet. They told me there's a slightly higher risk of endometrial cancer though I can't imagine the sample size was very big.

Jillyboo

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 03:19:01 PM »

No - we are 'outliers' I imagine.

jaydee

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 12:37:10 PM »

I’m 69 and and went back on a sequential regime after a hysteroscopy and breakthrough bleeding during the 8 months I tried continuous.
Jeanne

Jillyboo

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 03:49:23 PM »

Yes - 'no bleed' doesn't work for some of us does it?  The bleed really doesn't bother me (it's only a couple of days in my case) but I do have days when I find myself wondering what on earth I'm doing carrying tampons around with me at this stage of life! 

Are you following a prescribed regime or acting independently?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 07:32:43 AM »

Yes - 'no bleed' doesn't work for some of us does it?  The bleed really doesn't bother me (it's only a couple of days in my case) but I do have days when I find myself wondering what on earth I'm doing carrying tampons around with me at this stage of life! 

Are you following a prescribed regime or acting independently?

Yes here I am at 70. I absolutely hate having to have a bleed at my age and completely agree about carrying round tampons - but it is the lesser of two evils - the evil being continuous progesterone, head fog, lethargy and risk of migraines as well as negative effect on libido etc

I'm also in contact with someone on another forum who is mid 60's abd doing the same. My guess is there will increasingly be more of us as time goes on and HRT has once more become fairly widespread abd publicised and women realise there is more than one way.

Hurdity is. I expect be too but not there yet. They told me there's a slightly higher risk of endometrial cancer though I can't imagine the sample size was very big.

Yes that is the risk but it is a more easily identifiable risk as in untoward bleeding or pain can be investigated and thickened lining dealt with far in advance of potential endometrial cancer -  not to say the risk is negligible but we just have to be more vigilant.

Hurdity x

Renee

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2023, 11:17:38 AM »

Hello,

Can I please ask what the difference is between sequential hrt and other types.

I was on Evorel 50 patches with Utrogestan 100mg.

Thank you
Irene  :)

Jillyboo

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 03:18:54 PM »

With sequential you take oestrogen only for half the month then oestrogen with progesterone for the other half - after which you have a withdrawal bleed.

With continual you take oestrogen and progesterone every day and don't have a bleed.

Continual doesn't work for some. It's then a choice between coming off HRT altogether or remaining on sequential.

Renee

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2023, 06:39:19 PM »

Thank you x