Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New brand Utrogestan? Supply issues.  (Read 542 times)

Julia Dizzy

New brand Utrogestan? Supply issues.
« on: November 01, 2023, 01:54:58 PM »

Just picked up my latest prescription from my chemist. My gel is still the new shaped bottles :-\ and my Utrogestan is in a new box made by Cyndea Pharma of Spain, it has red stripes on the silver tablet strip. Haven't tried them yet, has anyone else been given these? I take 100mg every night.

The box on the side says "Procured from within the EU and repackaged by the Product Licence Holder Beachcourse Ltd. Waxlow St, London. Utrogestan" is a registered trademark of Besins Healthcare Luxembourg"

Fed up with all the messing about with supply issues now, anyone know if Estadot 50 is back out there??

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
Re: New brand Utrogestan? Supply issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 01:17:37 PM »

If the Utrogestan's only repackaged for sale in a non EU country it's probably the same contents, do they look the same?

I use Oestrogel now. I was getting Estradot50 with no problems at all until 2 or 3 months ago, but it didn't work for me.

I don't know if it's one of the Brexit requirements that everything goes into new packs, a lot of food is labelled and packed differently but is supposed to be the same inside.

I'd not heard of GB dropping it's standards for medicines yet, but most of the current medical/veterinary problems stem from their abject refusal to use the current EU standards as a common minimum standard, so it's pretty obvious what comes next.

I found the new Oestrogel to work as well as the old one, but my dose went up to three pumps same time the bottle changed, so maybe that was why?

Northerngirl

Re: New brand Utrogestan? Supply issues.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 02:20:40 PM »

Hi, I've recently had the same issues...same product but different packaging.  The supplier is stated as the same so I think it's just a supply issue. I've had the same thing happen last year and everything worked just the same...no problems.  Hope this helps