Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anxiety/nausea moving from gel to Evorel patches  (Read 458 times)

CrazyD

Anxiety/nausea moving from gel to Evorel patches
« on: October 20, 2023, 11:43:15 AM »

Sorry, already posted something similar in the 'post-meno' page, but think this may be a general question and feel I know more about what is happening now - I've just moved from gel (1 pump) to patches as I'd developed migraines, and have to say this does seem to have helped with that problem!
But now I have almost constant nausea which I think is low-level anxiety, I feel a bit 'jittery' and seem to be having to take big deep breaths to settle me (momentarily) but have totally lost my appetite and feel queasy. If I eat it does go for a very short while but I'm actually struggling to eat anything!
Has anyone else had this, and would moving to another patch type help do you think?? Currently Evorel 25.
I was feeling amazing on the gel other than the migraines, so I'd really like to fix this!!

Moog77

Re: Anxiety/nausea moving from gel to Evorel patches
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 06:24:27 PM »

I just posted elsewhere about this.

I have went back to patches as the issue with the new gel is simply not going away and I wont use the new bottle. Ive been on a patch since last Thursday (was on patches previously but moved to gel in May due to patch supply issues - its a never ending circus) and nausea is probably my biggest issue. Its pretty bad and I suspect very strongly that moving type of oestrogen can and will cause issues in some of us.

I actually feel a bit pregnant with the sickness  :-\

CrazyD

Re: Anxiety/nausea moving from gel to Evorel patches
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 10:12:21 PM »

Oooo that sounds unpleasant..... I've never been pregnant but yes, I have felt constantly nauseous. It's been 10 days now though and I have JUST started to feel better (although my patches are only 25mg) so I hope things start to improve for you too.