Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello! Just joined and I have a question about Oestrogel side effects  (Read 767 times)

AnnieFH74

• First Flush

Hello,

I'm on day 11 of one pump of Oestrogel, I'm 49 and this is my first HRT. I was told to take two pumps, but decided to start on one to make sure I am okay with it etc...

Anyway, yesterday, I noticed a pain in my left armpit, mainly when I move but during the course of the day it becomes more continuous. It's still there today. There's no swelling and the funny thing is, it's not tender to the touch, so more of an internal pain I would say (for want of a better description!). I've read a few posts on here where people have mentioned armpit pain, so I'm thinking is this linked to the oestrogen? Other possibility is that I've had a mild sore throat this week and wondered if it could just be my lymph node dealing with that?

Penguin

Re: Hello! Just joined and I have a question about Oestrogel side effects
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 11:20:06 AM »

You could try and apply the gel on your thigh tomorrow and see if it makes a difference?

AnnieFH74

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 11:21:12 AM »

Hi there, thanks for replying. Yes, I already apply it to my thigh! Sorry, should have said that.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 11:30:21 AM »

Ah okay, no idea then. Although wondering if it could be a muscle instead? They run really deep, connecting neck, shoulder and torso. Or it could be fascia. Not necessarily tender to the touch.

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 11:42:10 AM »

Although I'd also say that when I first started estrogel I had all manner of side effects. Sore breasts (and breast material extends quite far) is also very common as the estrogen receptors are being unregulated so please don't worry.

AnnieFH74

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 12:02:08 PM »

Thanks Penguin.

I have had one sided premenstrual breast pain (on the other side), but this doesn't feel like that so much. I think I'll wait and see what happens with it...

Penguin

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 12:29:26 PM »

So what happens once your sore throat clears up, lymph node should stop hurting then if it is that. Don't keep pressing and checking it though, if it is a lymph you'll make it sorer.