Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: vagafem  (Read 702 times)

Marco

• First Flush
vagafem
« on: October 26, 2023, 01:29:56 PM »

Hi I had breast. cancer 5 yrs ago and just had a mamoogram thats come back saying I need another one and a ultrasound .My worry is Im on vagifim for severe vaginal dryness and wonder if vagifim can have caused this

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: vagafem
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 02:06:05 PM »

Hi.  It shouldn't have triggered breast disease: which type were you treated for?  Some disease isn't oestrogen related.

I would continue with the Vagifem.  Often because the mammogram film isn't clear, other tests are suggested.  An ultra sound does a deeper view of the breast tissue.  When do you have the appt.?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 09:24:56 AM by CLKD »

VioletAquarius

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 10:03:36 PM »

Only a tiny amount of vagifem gets into the blood stream, as it's localised in the vagina.  Also taking vagifem for a year is equivalent to taking one hrt pill, so it's a very tiny amount. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 10:10:49 PM by VioletAquarius »

Jules

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 11:24:03 AM »

I was also recalled for another mammogram and ultrasound and asked the same question to the breast care nurse and she said no. Turned out it was how they'd squashed me in the machine

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 11:37:35 AM »

I was told by GP a year's dose of vagifem is equivalent to one dose of systemic hrt, so I'd assume highly unlikely that amount could be a cause of anything.

Jules

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 01:16:50 PM »

I was told by GP a year's dose of vagifem is equivalent to one dose of systemic hrt, so I'd assume highly unlikely that amount could be a cause of anything.
That's a dose of twice weekly presumably?

Penguin

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 01:21:12 PM »

That's a dose of twice weekly presumably?

I'd assumed it was the standard dose prescribed so the fortnight's loading dose plus then twice weekly. It's a miniscule amount really isn't it.