Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New ‘period pain’ ache across abdomen, back and legs. Why?!  (Read 2266 times)

Dierdre

Re: New ‘period pain’ ache across abdomen, back and legs. Why?!
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2023, 02:38:30 PM »

Thanks Poupee. If anything mine is better when I wake and gets worse during the day. Panicking about it all probably contributes!

I was lucky to get the results today Nas, but on the other hand am back at square one! And that’s even more frightening! I’m going back to the GP tomorrow but don’t hold out much hope that she’ll be able to help.

One last long shot is to push for my mirena to be changed - it’s in position and quite new, but when I’ve felt like this in the past it’s always been mirena related

I’m still in shock that this can all just happen so quickly!

Can you ask for a swab to be taken, I know you've had a urine test but has an infection been ruled out?

Nas

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2023, 04:07:50 PM »

I hear you Champers, it’s tough when we just don’t know what’s going on.

Have you reduced your oestrogen yet? Maybe that will help with the pain?

Your coil is new, so perhaps these are ‘ settling in pains’ ?

Champers101

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2023, 07:41:16 PM »

Yes have had a swab and urine test sent to the lab - all fine.

I reduced my HRT yesterday - am now aching all over, including all up my back. In a weird way it’s slightly reassuring as it makes me feel my abdomen/ pelvic aching is even more likely to be hormonal. It all feels the same, all over. Even my finger joints now! What to do about it all is a different matter…

My Mirena is a year old, so not new. I so wish that was the easy explanation for all this 🙏

Thanks everyone for your support

Tulip123

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2023, 08:43:23 AM »

This thread is very useful to me. I've also been having horrendous period pain & irregular bleeding.

I've been on Evorel 50 with 200mg of Utrogestan over 14 days for just over a year. I've had irregular bleeding the whole time but period pains over the last few months and I now have them every day.

I had a scan and the womb lining is 8.6mm with a polyp. I am having this removed next week. Not sure what happens with the lining.

The gynaecologist has given me extra progesreeone with the minipill. I have not bled at all yet since taking the minipill. However, I still had the pain.
I removed the patch and the pain has now dwindled down to almost nothing.

I don't really want to put the patch back on until I see the gynaecologist again next week. I tried half a patch again and the pain started coming back so I removed it again..

I don't want to give up HRT as it stopped my other symptoms and now it looks like the minipill has solved the bleeding but I don't want all that pain every day again. It's strange how the pain only started after the furst few months and just got worse.

I am 47 and in peri.
Pages: 1 2 [3]