Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Strain of Yeast Glabrata  (Read 10462 times)

Dierdre

Re: Strain of Yeast Glabrata
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2023, 09:17:54 AM »

I do know how you feel, it's become a bit of an obsession now, examining myself every day and getting stressed at the first itch or soreness. Not knowing if it's atrophy or thrush or just residue from the vagifem and ovestin, is very frustrating.
You should hear something soon and then get this sorted.
I was thinking this week of resorting to old fashioned methods with live yoghurt up there or douches with whatever they used back in tha day.
Took ibuprofen as thats supposed to kill of strains that fluconazole misses.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2023, 09:59:11 AM »

Thanks Dierdre for responding, yes, it is very stressful which I suppose doesn’t help. I take ibuprofen to try and rid the pain. All very debilitating. Hope you can enjoy your day. Take care.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2023, 10:50:37 AM »

MShadow: where exactly is the pain felt?  Does over the counter pain relief help? 3 hours seems a long while for those symptoms.

Deirdre: sometimes it can be the fillers or packaging that causes irritation/soreness/burning rather than the active ingredient.  Have U tried a moisturiser i.e. 'sylc' or 'yes' or even KY Jelly to ease the sensations?  The skin in that area is so thin so can soon become sensitive to everything  :-\.  Plus any itchiness ........ 4 me thrush is felt too high up to reach in to scratch!  It happened at the end of each bleed [for 8-10 days], followed by a 2 day gap then brown staining + itching  :o :(

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2023, 12:52:31 PM »

Thanks for responding CKLD. The pain is just inside the vaginal entrance. Could be from my VA or it maybe still the thrush. Until I get the results back from the clinic, not sure what is what and what I am dealing with. Ibuprofen does help a little. Having been on the wrong treatment for Glabrata Thrush for over 4 months hasn’t helped. Don’t think sitting helps that area even with my cushion. Take care.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2023, 01:25:54 PM »

Is the pain less when upright or laying flat?

What about bicarb of soda as a 'douche' ?  It was my paternal grandma's go to for most things including burns  ::).  Washed in and out?  It's the waiting ......

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2023, 04:01:39 PM »

I think CLKD the pain is better when lying down. Think all the muscles start working at 6.15am in the morning that's when the ache starts..Just grateful it doesn't last all day as it was doing in the initial stages. Any progress is better than none at all. Thanks for your concern.

Dierdre

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2023, 10:01:06 PM »

Could be the bladder filling early in the morning. When I first had thrush back in April it got quite bad as I didn't realise at first and was treating it as an atrophy flareup. Went to the doctors because my bladder was spasmodic and painful when filling. He did swabs and sent me for scans. Turned out it wàs thrush and that was irritating the bladder and urethra so much it was cramping. Also the fluconazole oral tablets caused stomach cramps for weeks even after stopping them.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2023, 10:01:07 AM »

Thanks Dierdre, for that response. I did wonder about the bladder filling early morning, that because that is when the ache starts. Guessing I still have thrush and it is aggravating the bladder early on in the morning. It’s all a right pain. I think because the treatment I have been for the last 4 and a half months was resistant to my strain I won’t feel much better until on the correct medication.  Yes, I have improved a little but not near enough for my liking. All very frustrating. Hope you can have a nice day.

Dierdre

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2023, 01:14:39 PM »

MShadow: where exactly is the pain felt?  Does over the counter pain relief help? 3 hours seems a long while for those symptoms.

Deirdre: sometimes it can be the fillers or packaging that causes irritation/soreness/burning rather than the active ingredient.  Have U tried a moisturiser i.e. 'sylc' or 'yes' or even KY Jelly to ease the sensations?  The skin in that area is so thin so can soon become sensitive to everything  :-\.  Plus any itchiness ........ 4 me thrush is felt too high up to reach in to scratch!  It happened at the end of each bleed [for 8-10 days], followed by a 2 day gap then brown staining + itching  :o :(

I've tried so many moisturisers, YES lubricant helped but stopped using it after recurring thrush as wasn't sure if it was thar causing it because it came back after using YES. May have been coincidence. I'm ok inside just need something external , usually ok when I first apply but after a couple of hours I'm sore and worse than before using whatever. I did find a lot of relief and very soothing with the Caneston external cream but can't keep using that without thrush.

Dierdre

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2023, 01:18:32 PM »

Thanks Dierdre, for that response. I did wonder about the bladder filling early morning, that because that is when the ache starts. Guessing I still have thrush and it is aggravating the bladder early on in the morning. It’s all a right pain. I think because the treatment I have been for the last 4 and a half months was resistant to my strain I won’t feel much better until on the correct medication.  Yes, I have improved a little but not near enough for my liking. All very frustrating. Hope you can have a nice day.

Keep taking the ibuprofen, that kills some strains of candida too.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2023, 02:24:05 PM »

Yes, Deirdre just had some ibuprofen to try and shift this ache. Had a look down below this morning and had quite a lot of white clear discharge. Sorry if too much information. Wondering, if that may be thrush, hence me aching all morning. Don’t think it was estriol cream from two nights previous. Job knowing what’s what. Atrophy or thrush. I just wish there was a quick fix for all us ladies who are suffering. Thanks again for responding.

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2023, 06:27:09 PM »

Or normal vaginal secretions?  The vagina does cleanse itself. 

Dierdre

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2023, 09:10:32 PM »

Yes, Deirdre just had some ibuprofen to try and shift this ache. Had a look down below this morning and had quite a lot of white clear discharge. Sorry if too much information. Wondering, if that may be thrush, hence me aching all morning. Don’t think it was estriol cream from two nights previous. Job knowing what’s what. Atrophy or thrush. I just wish there was a quick fix for all us ladies who are suffering. Thanks again for responding.

Thrush discharge is usually clumpy like cottage cheese, although I've tested for thrush before with no discharge. Maybe caught it early that time.

Minusminnie

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2023, 09:11:53 AM »

A white discharge sounds okay and normal.  I've found that constant irritation starts affecting muscles causing tightening. 

Dierdre and Midnight Shadow do you rate the vaginal infection test kits that you can buy over the counter ?

Dierdre

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2023, 10:11:04 AM »

A white discharge sounds okay and normal.  I've found that constant irritation starts affecting muscles causing tightening. 

Dierdre and Midnight Shadow do you rate the vaginal infection test kits that you can buy over the counter ?

I've never tried them, usally get a test from the doctors. There expensive from Boots, maybe cheaper online, Fluconazole is much cheaper online. Might pay to have one in hand if you cant get GP appointment. Have a look at reviews for the kits.
Just looked at reviews and not very good. Works by testing your ph balance, turns yellow for thrush and blue for BV but not very accurate.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 10:50:33 AM by Dierdre »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4