Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Strain of Yeast Glabrata  (Read 10455 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Strain of Yeast Glabrata
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2023, 12:10:03 PM »

When I had thrush neither time did I have a 'cottage cheese' discharge, it was the intense high up itch that alerted me. 

Minusminnie

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2023, 02:30:52 PM »

Yes, Deirdre just had some ibuprofen to try and shift this ache. Had a look down below this morning and had quite a lot of white clear discharge. Sorry if too much information. Wondering, if that may be thrush, hence me aching all morning. Don’t think it was estriol cream from two nights previous. Job knowing what’s what. Atrophy or thrush. I just wish there was a quick fix for all us ladies who are suffering. Thanks again for responding.

A white discharge sounds okay and normal.  I've found that constant irritation starts affecting muscles causing tightening. 

Dierdre and Midnight Shadow do you rate the vaginal infection test kits that you can buy over the counter ?

I've never tried them, usally get a test from the doctors. There expensive from Boots, maybe cheaper online, Fluconazole is much cheaper online. Might pay to have one in hand if you cant get GP appointment. Have a look at reviews for the kits.
Just looked at reviews and not very good. Works by testing your ph balance, turns yellow for thrush and blue for BV but not very accurate.

Thanks.  I just wondered if you had tried them.
Sounds best to stick with the doc or clinic to get tested.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2023, 03:15:24 PM »

Rang for my thrush results this morning and I still have thrush. Spoke to a very nice lady who could access my results. Apparently the team are working out which medication to prescribe. lets hope they get it right this time. She also said my Glabrata strain was resistant to Clotromizole which I was prescribed previously after Fluconazole. Fingers crossed I get the correct medication to rid this thrush. Will keep you informed as to which medication they give me. Thanks ladies for all your support

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2023, 03:57:48 PM »

I didn't know that candida was such a b****r to shift!  MayB someone could do a Thesis on your symptoms and treatment  ::) 'cos they seem to be dragging on. 

Have U any symptoms in your mouth? 

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2023, 04:27:46 PM »

Yes CLKD, it does seem to be dragging on. Hopefully not for much longer. No I haven’t got any symptoms in my mouth. Thanks for your concern.

Dierdre

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2023, 07:00:48 PM »

That's great they're now on to it and you'll be getting the right treatment at last. Good to know we can go to these clinics when GP'S can't help.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2023, 07:28:35 PM »

Thanks Dierdre, yes, quite a relief to know they are hopefully going to prescribe the correct medication. I will let you know what they end up prescribing. Can’t wait to feel normal again. It’s been a right tarrididdle. Hope you continue to improve.

Dierdre

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2023, 07:32:05 PM »

You too 👍

Minusminnie

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2023, 09:27:44 AM »

Would it be worth messaging aidansrest to ask how her clinic in her area got hold of nystatin pessaries in case the clinic you are attending start back sliding ?

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67816.msg925268.html#msg925268

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2023, 09:38:53 AM »

Thanks Minusminnie, for responding. Hopefully, I will hear from the clinic today. Haven’t done as yet. I did mention Nystatin Pessaries and Boric acid. So fingers crossed they will prescribe one of those. I will keep you posted.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]