Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cytoscopy worries  (Read 2700 times)

Northerngirl

Cytoscopy worries
« on: November 13, 2023, 06:31:35 PM »

Hi ladies,  just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what to expect next week when I have my cystoscopy. I'm not going to lie I am so anxious about it ....obviously worried about what they might find. How much it will hurt? Will it hurt afterwards? Will I be able to go to the toilet afterwards? How long  before it goes back to normal?
Sorry for being a cry baby but I'm an anxious person anyway and this waiting is killing me. Just wish it was over.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cytoscopy worries
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 07:26:52 PM »

Anything out of the ordinary can B scary.  Perhaps ring the Dept and ask the questions? 

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 03:01:01 PM »

Hi Northerngirl. Ive hd a few cystoscopies and found them to be fine. It didn't hurt but the sensation can be a little uncomfortable. The urethra is numbed first with gel. It doesn't take long and then you are free to go. Have you been given a leaflet? You are advised to drink more over the following days to avoid a UTI. I went back to work after each of mine so I hope that yours is ok too.

Taz x  :hug:

Taz2

Northerngirl

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 04:41:16 PM »

Hi Northerngirl. Ive hd a few cystoscopies and found them to be fine. It didn't hurt but the sensation can be a little uncomfortable. The urethra is numbed first with gel. It doesn't take long and then you are free to go. Have you been given a leaflet? You are advised to drink more over the following days to avoid a UTI. I went back to work after each of mine so I hope that yours is ok too.

[/quoteThanks Taz, I've been given info but just need to hear from you ladies who have had one before.  I've had a hysteroscopy before and found that painful and I think I've a good pain threshold tbh. Are you allowed home straight after  or do you have to pee first?  Does the anaesthetic  gel actually work because I'm sore down there anyway.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023, 05:48:23 PM »

The gel works on the urethral opening so you don't feel the little camera going in. You don't have to pee before going home. Well I've never had to. A hysteroscopy would be much more uncomfortable I would think. There is none of the resistance from the urethra which you can get from the cervix. Just remember to up your fluid intake for the days after the procedure.

Taz x

Northerngirl

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 12:46:34 PM »

Tax, thank you so much for your advice. Will let you know how it goes.
Had my ct scan yesterday....now have to wait a while for results.
Just want my life back to normal atm

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2023, 01:20:38 PM »

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the scan result.

Fuzzwhizzer

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2023, 08:43:05 PM »

Hi! I had to have one a few weeks ago for invisible haematuria in urine. I was completely astonished, it was so quick and efficient and I was in and out before you could say ‘Jack Robinson!’ Only a couple is sting wees  when the numbness wears off, then you’re back to normal. Definitely worth it to check things out. Hope you get on ok.