Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Patches not staying on  (Read 544 times)

Becka

• First Flush
Patches not staying on
« on: October 15, 2023, 11:47:06 AM »

Hi so I've been using patches for about 6 months, but regularly they keep unsticking before I need to change them. I stick them to my upper thighs, always shave my legs before putting them on so it's a smooth surface.

Any ideas on why this is and any tips to.make them stay?

Thanks

Booroo

Re: Patches not staying on
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 12:37:50 PM »

I’ve literally started patch and not v sticky on thigh for me but stay put so far on bum cheek!

Beaker

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 01:50:12 PM »

When I used to be on hrt patches, I found the same - I used to secure them with Micropore tape

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 04:30:06 PM »

I put the hair dryer on mine to warm it up and press down firmly for a minute or two, I also try to avoid direct water pressure in the shower. If it's lifting at the edges tape is a good idea but needs to be done before it lifts.

Becka

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 10:36:24 AM »

Thanks!  Some things for me to try!

joziel

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2023, 01:34:32 PM »

Which patches are you using Becka? The Estradot ones are the best/stickiest IMO. If you're using another brand you could ask to switch to those.

You might want to try putting them on your lower abdomen, just above your thigh crease, under your knickers (if that makes any sense). There is probably less movement or rubbing of fabric etc there than on your thighs.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2023, 08:07:20 AM »

Hi Becka

I apply patches to my butt cheeks - for the last 15 years. The only ones I've had problems with were the Estraderm which were huge and not sticky. Estradot were good though less so in the heat I found, cureently on Evorel and they are great. If you wear some of these fancy nix like thongs then butt cheeks may not be the best place as your outer clothes may cause them to come loose but I wear normal nix (!) and all is well - never had a problem! mske sure skin is clean dry and product free and press down for 15 secs or so with warm hand when applying. Using tape isn't recommended only because the patch can come loose under it and may not stick but this should be easy to check?

Hurdity x