Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Extremely sore vulva  (Read 895 times)

Rachelsquelch

Extremely sore vulva
« on: November 05, 2023, 12:17:21 PM »

Morning all, right now my vulva is on fire! It so red & sore inside the labia & down towards the opening of the vagina. It’s more sore on the left hand side. This has all been going on since last Wednesday. I’ve taken the canestan oral tablet for thrush (just in case it was), it doesn’t seem to be. On inspection this morning, it now looks like I have very small sores in there which are red & angry. I haven’t had any change in my meds or washing powders etc. I did notice at the same time that the skin around my nostrils was very sore to the touch also which scabbed over & seems to be mending itself now. This is why I think it’s purely hormonal. I’ve tried cold sitz baths, vagisil cream which burns when I apply it & I’ve had a cold gel pack on it to try to stop the burning. I obviously don’t want to go putting too many different things up there but really, I’m at my wits end now with pain on walking etc as it obviously rubs together when walking. Has anyone got any sensible ideas of what I could try to relieve this soreness & pain. I cannot get a doctors appointment until 20th Nov.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Extremely sore vulva
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 12:21:00 PM »

Vaginal atrophy?

Have U KY Jelly which is soothing or other moistorisers?  Apply gently.  I have used 'savlon' on the outer labia when it's been very sore with nothing else to hand.

Canastan sent me to a cool bath for over and hour  :o  :-\

Could it have been cold sores [herpes zosta] on the nostrils, though that usually affects the lips: it can also affect the vagina/vulval area. 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 12:35:32 PM »

Are you on any type of HRT, systemic or topical?

I would not put anything on your vulva and just wash with tepid water preferrably from the shower head and get skin chance to calm down. When irritated everything seems to react. That was advice I got from GP when I first started with VA and it looked like I had a case of sunburn down below!

Jules

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 01:15:56 PM »

Is it herpes or impetigo? Have you a sexual health clinic in your area that you can drop into? Can't believe how long you've to wait for an appointment.  My GP surgery is bad but not that bad.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 03:06:44 PM »

U could also ring to see whether there is a Nurse Practitioner who could see U sooner than the GP?