Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Any advise on femoston  (Read 1716 times)

Allyo46

• First Flush
Any advise on femoston
« on: October 12, 2023, 10:34:17 AM »

Hi

I'm new here. It's lovely to find ppl going through same issues.

I'm 45 and having irregular periods and a whole host of perimenopause symptoms. I also suffer with my MH so that's probably playing into it, but I've had lots of therapy/counselling and feel I've resolved a lot of issues.  My emotions and moods are all over the place on the 5- 10 day run up to my period to the point I feel like I'm losing the plot.

I've just started femoston 1/10 and was wondering if anyone had good experience on it and no weight gain?

Thank you in advance

SarahT

Re: Any advise on femoston
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 01:27:20 PM »

Hi Ally,
Welcome!

Whilst I can't help you on the Femoston side ( am on estradot) I can empathise with the moods on the run up to periods.  Had pms my whole life but this year they went out of control. If you are in perimenopause the extra hormonal fluctuations seem even more volatile. But, hrt can help.I am on quite a high dose now, along with a low dose AD.  Initially the AD was for me to use on the run up to periods, but it made such an improvement I now take it every day of the month. I too have MH problems.

It can take a while for hrt to settle,and there may be some adjustments along the way. But for me,getting on the right regime has really helped me despite a pretty hard time getting to this stage.

Do use this forum for advice and As much support as you need. I do!

Allyo46

• First Flush
Re: Any advise on femoston
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 06:49:33 AM »

Hi Sarah

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.  This is very helpful.  I'm on femoston a week, so taking the estrogen pills at the moment and I feel much calmer already,  although that could be the placebo affect  ::)  I've heard that it's when the estrogen and progesterone pills that can cause the hassle so I'm bracing myself for that. 

I hope you continue to stay on an even keel   here's hoping the same for me.   Xx