Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hrt and periods out of sync  (Read 880 times)

Mum2Two

Hrt and periods out of sync
« on: October 21, 2023, 12:13:50 PM »

Hi
I will make an appt with dr but just wondered if anyone else experienced anything similar.

I am on hrt patches and all has been well but for the last 4-5 months it feels like I am out of sync. My periods not really matching up with patches. I am on the 2 patch one.

I feel crampy and spot etc

Periods vary from 2-6 weeks.

Thinking of coming off hrt.

Any experiences of similar welcome.

sheila99

Re: Hrt and periods out of sync
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 02:46:13 PM »

Lots of experience of this, it's a common problem. Hrt doesn't control your cycle in the way a bcp does. I was on utro so changed the hrt cycle to fit my own, my own cycle was always stronger than than the hrt one. It's a bit harder to do this with sequi patches though as you end with incomplete boxes.

Tulip123

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 09:39:30 PM »

Absolutely.
I came off the combined pill after 30 yrs of regular periods at age 46.

Last year, I started HRT, evorel 50 patch with utrogestran. Gradually my natural periods returned and I was getting a withdrawal bleed from the days I didn't take progesterone as well as a period. I was getting periods far too much as well as cramping.

I have been referred to the hospital due to my pain. Last week I asked the gynaecologist what my periods are supposed to be like on this HRT regime and she told me that nobody really knows!!! There has not been enough research into this.

For this reason, they have added the POP minipill into my regime to control periods until I am through the menopause.

Your GP may suggest the minipill or coil to you.

Let us know how you get on. These threads are often helpful to others.

Mum2Two

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 06:52:37 AM »

Thank you very much. I will keep you updated.

Mum2Two

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 11:49:50 AM »

Just a quick update following dr appt. They felt I could do with more esteogen so have been prescribed an additional patch for this. Said it should help with insomnia and headaches and mood. Which have all got progress worse over the last 4 months or so. So will see how it goes.

So now I am on evorel sequi AND evorel 25
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 11:52:02 AM by Mum2Two »