Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: How am I going to do this ??  (Read 20757 times)

Nas

Re: How am I going to do this ??
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2023, 10:13:00 AM »

Thanks disco, I can’t wait for this surgery x

Penguin

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2023, 10:14:27 AM »

That’s my hope penguin, that it’s  contained within the fibroid. 

There is fluid on my lung and I’ve a raised Ca125. I’m aware what this can mean, but I also know that these can be attributed to other things.

Just want it all sorted now.

I have no motivation to go to work either , just can’t focus.

:-\ X

I was told even menstruation can raise ca125 as can benign fibroids, so fingers crossed! X

SarahT

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2023, 10:20:15 AM »

Hey partner,

Not much more to add then echoing all the support and thoughts of all those already rooting for you.  We can't do much but we are  right behind you with this
Will be thinking of you 😘

ToriiJ

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2023, 10:36:06 AM »

Hi Nas, just another message of support and I will be thinking of you.

Hoping this nightmare will be over for you very soon and you can move on and start to enjoy life again xx

Nas

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2023, 10:39:04 AM »

Thanks ladies,
Onwards and upwards as they say. Lots to do to today and the sun is shining ☀️🌞

Think i will be coming back as a man in the next life! 🙋‍♂️ x

joziel

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2023, 10:48:02 AM »

Let us know when you get a date Nas.

And yes CA125 can be raised even with something benign like endometriosis. It just means inflammation. Which can be caused by lots of things, a giant bleeding fibroid would be one...

SarahT

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2023, 10:49:08 AM »

But if you come back as a man you'll need to put up with all the glaring and cursing and tears I throw at my own man when I feel crap ( Like 99% of the time)simply because he's a man and I'm not!  ;D

Kathleen

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2023, 02:24:31 PM »

Hello again ladies.

I just wanted to clarify that C Reactive Protein or CRP is the blood test for inflammation and this is elevated in automoimme conditions of which endometriosis is one.

A raised CA125 is a worry but that this can be attributed to many different conditions in the body.

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2023, 03:54:14 PM »

Hopefully if this is sinister on MRI you will be considered for emergency surgery. 

:foryou:

Jenna

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2023, 04:18:33 PM »

Hi Nas,

Just wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you and wishing you all the very best. xx

Nas

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2023, 04:52:05 PM »

Thanks again ladies  :hug:

Here’s hoping surgery will be soon!

Very true Sarah, but I’m STILL returning as a man!! 😂

Donna-paul

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2023, 05:21:35 PM »

I’m thinking of you I had similar in March and know how your mind will be going overtime. My hospital was fantastic my biopsy came back abnormal saw the consultant 2 days later given an oncology team for support. I had cancerous cells in my womb originally I was told 6 weeks for total hysterectomy but they fitted me in quicker was done 4 weeks later. I just wanted everything out! The worst bit I had to stop hrt straight away when I saw the consultant and since surgery he doesn’t want me back on it. My tumour marker was high for my liver/pancreas but they said lots of things can raise it I’m waiting to have my gallbladder removed next😔 good luck and wish you a speedy recovery x

suzysunday

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2023, 05:48:55 PM »

Just adding my own good wishes for you Nas.  I hope the CT scan goes well and that you get some good health back.  Sending lots of hugs and love to you xxx

Nas

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2023, 07:23:00 PM »

Thanks Donna-paul and Suzy,
Like you Donna, I just want it all out asap. I don’t think I can wait six weeks though!

They have already assigned me this nurse and I think ( if I heard the consultant correctly) that I may be having the surgery done at The Christie hospital. That suggests to me, that they must be feeling fairly confident with what they are thinking?

Why are you having your gallbladder out? Are they taking all your organs away? ( feel free to message me if you would prefer) How are you coping with no HRT? Why do you need to stop if you don’t have any organs for the oestrogen to influence?  ???

Xx

Summer-sky

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2023, 10:08:10 PM »

Hi Nas,

Wishing you well for your CT scan.  Like the other ladies have said CA125 can be raised for other reasons and isn't a stand alone reliable test.  I had endometrial cancer last year with full hysterectomy -  contained in the uterus and consultants on the whole are wary of saying yes to HRT post a gynae cancer diagnosis but it does also all depend on what stage and grade the final pathology shows too and some recognise that if early stage/grade vs intolerable symptoms / quality of life then they are open to discussing and prescribing low dose.  Hope you get a date very soon and if you ever want any info on hysterectomy etc then please do shout or PM me if you prefer.  x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18