Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Would like some reassurance  (Read 735 times)

discogirl

Would like some reassurance
« on: October 08, 2023, 01:35:48 PM »

Hi everyone.

Im post meno and have been on hrt since last august. Ive been on 3 pumps of gel since nov 22 until 22nd august 23. I started getting sore boobs so i dropped down half a pump of gel. I got my estrogen bloods checked in july 23 and they were 448. As i had put quite a bit of weight on i got my levels checked again on 28th sept and was shocked to learn they are 1086!!

I had a small simple cyst on my left ovary discovered in 2021 before i went on hrt. At a scan in january this year it was still there but no bigger.

I think the cyst will have increased due to the estrogen. I have a scan booked to check things but im worried about ovarian cancer.

Ive dropped down to 1.5 pumps of gel.

My gp seems to think the increase in estrogen is just down to the weight increase

Sorry for rambling but i just need a bit of reassurance. Thank you x

joziel

Re: Would like some reassurance
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 05:14:53 PM »

Estrogen doesn't grow ovarian cysts. But if you have a cyst it would suggest your ovaries are still active and you are not fully in menopause. Which could explain your fluctuating estrogen levels as well.

If you feel good, I wouldn't worry about estrogen of 1000. My Newson doctor says some women want estrogen of 2000 to be okay, especially early in menopause or peri.

The guidelines are to treat by symptoms alone up to 4 pumps/100mcg.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 05:17:36 PM »

If you feel fine then there’s no need to lower your oestrogen dose or have blood tests . x

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2023, 05:31:07 PM »

Estrogen doesn't grow ovarian cysts. But if you have a cyst it would suggest your ovaries are still active and you are not fully in menopause. Which could explain your fluctuating estrogen levels as well.

If you feel good, I wouldn't worry about estrogen of 1000. My Newson doctor says some women want estrogen of 2000 to be okay, especially early in menopause or peri.

The guidelines are to treat by symptoms alone up to 4 pumps/100mcg.

Hi joziel

Thats so reassuring to know estrogen doesnt grow cysts.

My last period was in 2018 so i assumed i was post meno or do you mean that  my ovaries are still active?

The cyst was picked up in 2021 and they said they think i'd had it for sometime.

Thank you so much for replying xxx

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 05:32:09 PM »

If you feel fine then there’s no need to lower your oestrogen dose or have blood tests . x

Hi dotty

Thank you for replying. You've always been such a help xxx