Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Estrogen only Patches or Pill !!  (Read 1732 times)

moonbeam121167

Re: Estrogen only Patches or Pill !!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 07:32:21 PM »

Abbey73

thanks for your reply, as for my headaches they got so bad I went back to my GP and he advised me to go back on the mirtazapine as it was the only thing that helped them, I was so so the first 2 to 3 weeks but this last week oh god my mood has started to get bad and today I feel that I want to cry, but I was googling this and realised that I have been changing my patch wrong, I have been doing Tuesday then Saturday but it supposed to be Wednesday then Saturday,what a prat I am, will that affect things like my mood/depression.  All I want is to feel good, happy and then hopefully loose my fat stomach.

Abbey73

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 07:53:15 PM »

Hi moonbeam, it’s possible the mistake in when you were applying the patch could of affected the way you was feeling hopefully now you know which days you are supposed to be changing things will settle down, good luck with the Mertazipine hope this gets your headaches under control this will help with your mood too so fingers crossed you will be feeling much better very soon I’m just coming off Mertazipine and dreading the withdrawal xx

moonbeam121167

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2023, 08:04:16 PM »

Abbey

I was on Mirtazapine for a few years but at the beginning  of the year came off the mirtazapine and yes the withdrawals were awful but got passed it but a few months ago my headaches got so bad I had to go back on it as it was the only meds that helped. My meno nurse suggested changing from the pills to the patch as its better  for us , that was nearly a month ago and now I am so depressed.

Abbey73

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2023, 09:37:09 PM »

Hi moonbeam, it’s such a shame changing from the pill to the patch has caused you to feel depressed, it’s horrible when that happens , I’ve been in that situation when I changed from the patch to the gel caused awful jitters and anxiety for me , hopefully the Mertazipine kicks in quickly it’s definitely a great medication for depression and from my experience works quite fast xx

moonbeam121167

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2023, 09:49:11 PM »

Abbey

how long did your jitters and anxiety take to subside, I have been on the regimen now for nearly 4 weeks and my feelings of depression and wanting to cry started about a week ago, will it go away or is it cause I changed from the pill , I have been told that I will getting now a proper dose of estrogen in the patch than the pill, so maybe I am getting too much estrogen !!

Abbey73

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2023, 11:13:58 PM »

Hi moonbeam, my jitters and anxiety took around 4 weeks to subside, I think in your case it’s possibly an adjustment period of your body getting used to a new form of hrt , it will settle and go once you are used to it unfortunately it does take a while, if you feel it’s too much definitely ask for the everol 25 , now you are back on the Mertazipine that should also help ease the symptoms while you settle on the patch , hoping better days are coming soon for you xxx
Pages: 1 [2]