Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Help regards canesten pessary  (Read 5457 times)

Dierdre

Re: Help regards canesten pessary
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2023, 09:45:27 PM »

So basically you have to take 2 at the one time ?

I hope it goes B4 your hols, let us know how you get on 🙏

Not 2 at the same time, take one then if no better after 7 days take another.
I've got 11 days to go so hopefully it will be gone by then.

Dierdre

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2023, 09:54:10 PM »

I highly recommend taking 3 flucozanale tablets with 72 hours between each alongside this ibuprofen every 6 hours then if it still there take another course of 3.  This shifted my stubborn thrush.  I feel for you it is so depressing.  There is research that says the ibuprofen can really help and I felt it did in my case.

I've read that ibuprofen helps as it's antimicrobial but on the fluconazole leaflet it's listed as one of the medications not to take with fluconazole and there's alot.

Dierdre

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2023, 10:02:20 PM »

🤞 this time as I'm on holiday next week for 2 weeks in Lanzarote and really don't want this there.

There was a member who posted a few weeks/months back who had bought fluconazole cheaply OTC & in multiples in Spain & had worked out her own regime on it that had worked eventually.
I will try to find posts later got to go out in a mo but you may remember.

I do struggle to get it OTC here, they won't give it to over 60"s if you've bought one before recenly so have had to go through the doctor the last 4 months.
I hate taking any medication, especially fluconazole as it gives me awful stomach cramps.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 09:51:15 AM by Dierdre »

LDP

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2023, 08:44:07 AM »

Hi yes that was me - if you search on my posts. 
Basically I took a flucozanle tablet every 72 hours combined with ibuprofen.  Here’s an interesting article https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10966233/ explaining how effective ibuprofen can be.
I think a few of experience thrush getting better then “coming back” I have read that the anti fungal properties only work on vaginal secretions for 72 hours which is why we experience a resurgence so keeping the anti fungal medicine in your body consistently is important and taking medication exactly 72 hours later and not leaving it otherwise back to square one.
I managed to buy good supply of flucozanle in Spain but I believe you can buy it online in UK  If not, given how much pain I was in, I would have visited multiple pharmacies and buy what I could in each.  I would say I was 58 and stare them out…  the 60 rule is there so that other conditions are not mistaken but when you know it’s thrush it is IRRELEVANT.
I think the NHS moves too slowly on these things and it is worth a try.  I did research the risks attached with taking flucozanle but decided in my case there wasn’t really any downside. 
When I have a thrush episode the only way I get through it is to be proactive and take steps myself otherwise I just find it so hard to cope as it’s debilitating and depressing. 
I hope all of you suffering find your way of coping and get some relief soon.
PS just adding an excerpt from the research “
“The combination of ibuprofen with fluconazole resulted in synergic activity with eight of the 12 Candida strains studied, including four of the five fluconazole-resistant strains”
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 08:55:12 AM by LDP »

Dierdre

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2023, 10:04:28 AM »

On day 3 of my second dose of fluconazole so going to add ibuprofen into the mix. Feeling better today so hopefully I took the 2nd dose in time before it  got a hold again. I've got another if needed.
I read more about the interaction with ibuprofen and fluconazole. I think that ibuprofen may be on the list of meds not to take with fluconazole because something to do with fluconazole increasing ibuprofens half life and it could cause more of ibuprofens adverse side effects. It mentioned lowering the dosage of ibuprofen.  Can't find the link again but does that make sense?
Interesting link LDP, does that mean ibuprofen is killing strains that fluconazole is unable to and could be used on its own?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 10:10:30 AM by Dierdre »

LDP

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2023, 10:39:15 AM »

Yes Dierdre that is my interpretation of the research

Brownie

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2023, 11:25:55 AM »

Hi yes that was me - if you search on my posts. 
Basically I took a flucozanle tablet every 72 hours combined with ibuprofen.  Here’s an interesting article https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10966233/ explaining how effective ibuprofen can be.
I think a few of experience thrush getting better then “coming back” I have read that the anti fungal properties only work on vaginal secretions for 72 hours which is why we experience a resurgence so keeping the anti fungal medicine in your body consistently is important and taking medication exactly 72 hours later and not leaving it otherwise back to square one.
I managed to buy good supply of flucozanle in Spain but I believe you can buy it online in UK  If not, given how much pain I was in, I would have visited multiple pharmacies and buy what I could in each.  I would say I was 58 and stare them out…  the 60 rule is there so that other conditions are not mistaken but when you know it’s thrush it is IRRELEVANT.
I think the NHS moves too slowly on these things and it is worth a try.  I did research the risks attached with taking flucozanle but decided in my case there wasn’t really any downside. 
When I have a thrush episode the only way I get through it is to be proactive and take steps myself otherwise I just find it so hard to cope as it’s debilitating and depressing. 
I hope all of you suffering find your way of coping and get some relief soon.
PS just adding an excerpt from the research “
“The combination of ibuprofen with fluconazole resulted in synergic activity with eight of the 12 Candida strains studied, including four of the five fluconazole-resistant strains”

LDP - can I ask how many 'rounds' of the 3 tablets every 3 days did you take before it was gone ?

I have lost count of the amount I have taken, GP considering give me meds for longer period of time but at the moment I used pessary on Sun, but had to use fluconazole last night as symptoms back. I have also previously had a week's worth of 50mg x 7 but it just on keeps coming back.

I just don't know if I'm becoming resistant to it now as used so much or if multiple doses like you say are the answer?

Again I feel GP not wanting to prescribe more than required but I'm fed up spending my life in bed as feel too sore to do anything. I want my life back 😭

LDP

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2023, 11:50:34 AM »

So sorry to hear this…I know how frustrating this is.
I took 3 lots of 3 with ibuprofen throughout.  I’d previously had a couple of single flucozanle doses then 7 days of pessaries which did improve things for the time I used them but as soon as I stopped symptoms came back so took a single flucozanle that improved things but then back again so then began the every 72 hour regime. 
I also started taking cranberry tablets at same time - I know there are mixed views in this but I did read some research that it potentially may help. 
To also mention I was eating a lot of natural yoghurt and kafir but this did not seem to have any effect for me.
Drink loads of water and keep everything very dry - in the early days I was probably using too much cream for relief creating environment for thrush to thrive.  I hope you get relief soon.

Brownie

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2023, 12:28:20 PM »

Can I ask another question LDP if that's ok ?

Have you had time do that regime (3 x3 ) on several occasions or did it go with the initial 3 X 3 (hope that makes sense ) 🙈

LDP

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2023, 02:36:55 PM »

Just the one 3 x 3 and fingers crossed it has not come back in last 4 months 🤞

Dierdre

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2023, 06:48:26 PM »

Just took another fluconazole after 72 hours so hoping this works for me too and it don't come back. I was still getting crampy side effects from the previous tablet 3 days ago so ready for more cramps again.
What dosage of ibuprofen did you take please?

LDP

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2023, 07:54:14 PM »

hi 400 mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day.  I hope this works for you and you get some relief.  Keep us posted.

Dierdre

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2023, 08:10:57 PM »

Will do, thanks.

Beaker

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2023, 09:27:08 AM »

Make sure you get screened for diabetes. Most people are these days as it's very prevalent.
Pages: 1 2 [3]