Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hospital gynae appointment today  (Read 2800 times)

flossie fiddler

Re: Hospital gynae appointment today
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2023, 07:34:22 PM »

I had the same under GA 7 years ago, and I didn’t stop my HRT either. Neither did I stop it for spinal fusion surgery 6 years ago.

I haven’t stopped yet - don’t know if I will - as I’d like to know a timescale for the procedure for a start.

I had a hysteroscopy and polyp removal under general anaesthetic and I didn’t stop my HRT. x

flossie fiddler

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2023, 07:39:02 PM »

Sorry, only just checked in. I feel good, thanks, and still on my HRT! Just want to get the procedure over with. I’m not stopping HRT unless someone specifically tells me to. I listened to the consultant dictate the letter back to my GP, and she didn’t mention it in the letter. It was an afterthought, and I asked her the reason, which I put in an earlier post. I’ve had this surgery before under GA, and also major spine surgery, and both times I didn’t stop HRT. I’m healthy, slightly overweight, but BP is normal.

The problem with day case surgery is that a huge % of patients are rushed back to hospital because they were discharged 'too early'  :(

How do U feel this morning Flossie?

flossie fiddler

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2023, 07:41:08 PM »

Flossie - Really hope everything went well for you.
CLKD - In the real world, the NHS, like everybody else, can only operate with what they can afford. The NICE guidelines reflect this.

Not had it yet. Think there’s around a 6 week wait for the procedure. But thanks for thinking of me 😘
Pages: 1 [2]