Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: A year on evorel conti now hair loss  (Read 639 times)

Jogawne

A year on evorel conti now hair loss
« on: October 03, 2023, 03:46:05 PM »

Hello all

I'm just after some advice. I've been on evorel conti about 16 months, after oestrogel and utrogestan stopped working for me.
I like it, I feel more balanced and felt like I had slightly more energy. I thought the progesterone part (norethisterone) was better suited.
However for about the last 2 months my hair loss seems to have increased. I have naturally white hair that us past my shoulders so I tried to tell myself it was just because I could see the hairs. But it us continuing. When I wash my hair or add product the hairs are tangled in my fingers and all day long I have hairs falling out.
I have no bald patches, have had thick hair up to now, but I feel it's now a problem.
I had covid in February ( I know that has affected some people with hair loss) .
So I know evorel conti can cause hair loss, would it be this over a year after starting on patches and if I wanted to try another patch, what would be a good one to request. I'm better going with an idea, rather than waiting for a Dr to suggest one.
Thanks for reading what turned out to be a long post x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: A year on evorel conti now hair loss
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 03:58:49 PM »

There R several recent threads about hair loss and/or HRT.  If you do a search to find them you can make notes.

Jogawne

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 05:53:12 PM »

Thank you, firstly apologies I'm not sure why my post has gone up twice.
I have spent a couple of days going through posts about hair loss. But because mine is a year after going onto evorel I wasn't sure it was related.
Sorry if you thought I was looking for others to do the searching for me.
There R several recent threads about hair loss and/or HRT.  If you do a search to find them you can make notes.

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 06:04:06 PM »

Jogawne, please don't worry.  If you contact Emma (admin) she might be able to remove the duplicate thread for you, if you'd like that.  I don't think anyone thought you were hoping someone else would search for you, we simply sometimes suggest a member do a search if we know there are other recent threads on the topic as this short cuts the need to wait for others to respond & could provide a range of opinions to read in super quick time  :).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 06:06:37 PM »

Not at all, the search box can be useful if members don't get a response to queries.

All threads are related in that experiences shared can be helpful.