Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Scared to Death *Update*  (Read 4523 times)

Mary G

Re: Scared to Death
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2023, 11:22:23 AM »

I know what I would do and that is book the first possible private transvaginal uterine scan I could get my hands on, even if it meant sticking it on a credit card.

As soon as you have the scan, you will know where you stand ie any fibroids, abnormalities and womb lining thickness.  It's worth having that as soon as possible.  I would ring round for an immediate appointment and if the NHS come up with an appointment in the meantime that is faster, you can cancel it.

It's always worth paying for peace of mind.

mk94

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2023, 11:10:26 PM »

Thank you ladies so much for all your replies.  I've read them all. And I'm really trying to think rationally but I'd be lying if I said I was doing better. 

I did really did think this was probably normal for the tail end of perimenopause.

Until I read the that it's not  :o

Since late January of this year  until September until I got my period I pretty much had colorful discharge everyday!!

One day it would red then a few days brown to a few days normal than it would start all over. That's 8 months of weird discharge everyday!!

If it's been 8 months with no intervention or treatment then what if the cancer is too far gone  :'(

I'm so  stupid for letting it go on this long

Jules

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2023, 09:12:45 AM »

Thank you ladies so much for all your replies.  I've read them all. And I'm really trying to think rationally but I'd be lying if I said I was doing better. 

I did really did think this was probably normal for the tail end of perimenopause.

Until I read the that it's not  :o

Since late January of this year  until September until I got my period I pretty much had colorful discharge everyday!!

One day it would red then a few days brown to a few days normal than it would start all over. That's 8 months of weird discharge everyday!!

If it's been 8 months with no intervention or treatment then what if the cancer is too far gone  :'(

I'm so  stupid for letting it go on this long
As someone has said, and if you can, I'd arrange a private appointment.  I did recently due to a stomach issue. I'd been referred via NHS but I couldn't wait. The symptoms were unusual for me. I saw a doctor privately and though I couldn't afford the endoscopy privately, he took a full history and examined me and gave me some reassurance and noted the endoscopy had to be done within 6 weeks. Don't continue at length as you are. You will get symptoms related to stress too.  Make a decision today and take control.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2023, 09:21:41 AM »

Where did U read 'that it was not'  :-\ ?

Health anxiety has no boundaries.  If U can get an appt with the Nurse Practitioner at your Surgery to discuss, she may be able to check when any appt.s are likely to happen.

Unless U take 'action' your mind will continue to be troublesome with what ifs !  Phobias can be come all consuming  :-\ :'(

Emmajane950

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2023, 12:56:56 PM »

Hi mk54

I hope you got some answers for your problem in the end? Did you have the scan?

I'm fairly new to this forum but have been getting lots of brown discharge for the last month or so and this isn't usual for me. I'm 50 and peri and my last 'proper' period was in July but I'm now wondering If that was spotting as my period prior to that was in April. (So very irregular). I was on combined Hrt (2 pumps gel and progesterone for 2 weeks of the month) from November 2022 but in August I changed to patches for convenience, however since mid September  I have had problems.... a terrible water infection and then more 'periods' close together with a week or so in between. So I spoke to doc and came off patches and nack on gel ( a month ago).  Since then I've still had this discharge along with lots of tummy issues.   I'm waiting on a transvaginal scan but feels like it's taking forever when these symptoms are every day...

Can anyone advise or help?  I understand the change from patches back to gel may have aggravated things but it was the same volume of meds just a change of format.

Any advice would be much appreciated 🙏

Thanks
Em

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2023, 04:28:07 PM »

EmmaJane - at the end of each heavy painful bleed up to 10 days, I would have two days without anything then a show of brown staining for 24 hours.  Normal for me.  Probably due to not enough hormone to push any excess through the system.  I would itchy high up too, normal for me.

Hormones  ::). Cna't help with the HRT query, mayB start a thread of your own or put the product into the search box to see what pops up?

Bella247

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2023, 11:17:24 PM »

You poor thing. I have extreme fear about my health so I can just imagine how terrifying this must be for you. I don’t know if seeking reassurance on the internet helps or not but I do know how horrid it is when your mind jumps to the absolute worst case scenario and will not budge. I didn’t want to just read and move on but please know you’re not on your own feeling scared xxx

mk94

Re: Scared to Death *UPDATE*
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2023, 12:30:31 AM »

* UPDATE*

Hi Everyone:

I got a pap smear and uterine biopsy at my OB appointment today. Now I am terrified waiting for the results.  God help me I'm going to go crazy waiting. I have convinced myself I have cancer 😢

jorainbow

Re: Scared to Death *Update*
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2023, 05:58:00 AM »

Hi. Im 54 now and  started heaving bleeding in May 21. My scans in Nov 21 showed thickened lining and polyps so they were removed at the first biopsy which diagnosed simple endometrial hyperplasia with no atypia. This is the lowest of the 4 grades of abnormal cells. Complex with atypia is the highest. What you need to hold on to is even if it is complex with atypia, hyperplasia is treatable and also very slow progressing. I was also worried about the results but at our age the positive is things are sorted very quickly. Health anxiety is difficult to process but whatever the outcome, you are on the right path

CLKD

Re: Scared to Death *Update*
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2023, 09:36:52 AM »

well said jorainbow !  pleased that you have had good results.  Now mk94 - did U tell the Nurse how worried you are?  How long will the results take to come back?
Pages: 1 [2]