Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New to post here from US- Combipatch  (Read 1385 times)

LChevele

• First Flush
New to post here from US- Combipatch
« on: November 30, 2023, 01:14:42 AM »

I have been on the US Combipatch which I cut in half. To see what the effects would be so If i had an issue I could see before using the whole patch. My dr said its ok you can do that.
Im wearing it my 2nd day and I notice Im TIRED is this normal to be tired for while on it. I have been sleeping really well in the last 2 days.
I do have a light headache is that also normal and will go away as time goes on. I am also a Long Hauler -post covid for 3 years and was hoping the patch would help me with my peri-meno symptoms and my LC symptoms. SO tell me what was your story on how its has or still goes for you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to post here from US- Combipatch
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 09:19:42 AM »

Morning.  Great to have you on board -  :welcomemm:

It was recognised quite early on in the pandemic that female hormones were being affected.  Years ago it was known as 'yuppy flu' - those long-term side-effects following a viral attack.   Now medics seem more aware that there can be on-going symptoms, including tiredness.

How were your sleep patterns and general tiredness during your cycle prior to HRT?  Crashing fatigue is recognised I remember Mum suddenly switching off the cooker, sitting and down then sleep for hours  :-\

Headaches can be caused by not being hydrated. 

U could put the product names into the search box on the Forum to read any threads that pop up.  Let us know how you get on.

LChevele

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 12:22:53 AM »

Thank you. My Long covid comes and goes in flares. Im in a bad flare right now. I tried to combipatch. DIdnt work out. was great the first day was warm feeling and tired and then boom I got an instant rage the next day. I woke up in hot flash and in a rage.Im not like that at all. Im very mouse type person. Very quiet and I have been very emotional lately. WHy I wanted to start of HRT to relieve my symptoms and being emotional and crying all the time.
I called my dr who was like take it off or not. I have never heard of such a thing. Its like yes it really happened. so Im looking at another dr and maybe some other alternative.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 09:38:17 AM »

Some GPs aren't clear with their instructions, also our worried brains hear part of the advice.  By removing the HRT your body will adjust to where it is which may give you an idea as to how 'active' the regime was.

Rage: that was me, 5 days prior to a bleed  >:(