Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Requirement to stop patches before minor day surgery  (Read 2128 times)

Grheliz1

Re: Requirement to stop patches before minor day surgery
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2023, 04:19:43 PM »

I didn't have to stop my HRT gel when I had a total hysterectomy--fairly major surgery. If they're worried, there are injections for preventing blood clots that are routinely given. I had them when I had a hysteroscopy under GA, as well.

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2023, 04:50:46 PM »

Here is an update on this. I rang the pre op centre today and queried it. I don't have to worry because my HRT is transdermal. However, there does appear to be a total misunderstanding/illogical reasoning regarding  HRT tablets. They are telling patients on tablets to stop taking them just 1 day before the planned surgery!
That surely can't make any difference!

flossie fiddler

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2023, 01:58:41 PM »

I had major spine surgery whilst on Evorel Sequi patches, and wasn’t required to stop using them. I think it’s to do with the risk of blood clots, but I had those boots on during surgery that massage your calves, and 2 hours after having my spine screwed together, they had me out of my bed and walking carefully to the loo for a wee.

Surgical stockings for 6 weeks, (those ones designed to set pulses racing) and that was that. I would be asking if it’s necessary.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 02:01:17 PM by flossie fiddler »
Pages: 1 [2]