Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Testosterone is a hairy subject!  (Read 1069 times)

nicky_boo

Testosterone is a hairy subject!
« on: September 12, 2023, 01:21:12 PM »

Hi all,

I started to use testosterone 1.5 years ago. It really helped with my mood, libido, confidence etc... A real game changer.

However...

I started to notice thick black hairs on my chin and sides of my face lately. Basically, I am about to grow a beard! I shave them with little dermaplan blades.
I had tried to reduce the testosterone dosage before but it really affected my mood so I increased it to 3 Tostran pumps a week. Blood tests tomorrow.

I just went to see an electrolysis saloon to discuss what can be done.  The lady there suggested electrolysis would be better than laser and 1 hour a week every week potentially for 2 - 3 years! She said she deals with many ladies like me. I am in shock.

Has anybody face the same problem? How did you deal with it? Did reducing testosterone help?

I really look forward to reading other's experiences and suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.

Nicky_boo xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Testosterone is a hairy subject!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 01:53:41 PM »

I've had hairs for years and I don't use HRT other than for VA.

My Chin!  U might like to have a lookC.  It may be that testosterone has stimulated the hair a bit or it may be 'within normal limits' for you.  If it's working then continue.  I occasionally use a small lady shaver on my face/chin as well as tweezing daily. I wouldn't pay out unless I was really hairy!

WishIdknownsooner

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 03:11:36 PM »

I’ve always had hair, since my twenties.  Part of the joys of PCOS.  I used to pluck, then used a home laser.  The laser was very effective, but only works on dark hairs - once they grow white, the laser doesn’t work. The laser also caused melasma on my top lip.  So now I’m back to plucking as electrolysis is too expensive for me.

I’ve also just started using testosterone, so I’m praying for no increase beard growth…

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 02:56:14 PM »

Hi, I have also noticed the odd hair on my chin which is black recently - seeing as I am a redhead it is very strange! I am on Tostran gel 3 x weekly along with gel and Utrogestan, have been on HRT for 4 years now at age 67.

I just pluck them out and use one of those small shavers with the rounded head. Seem to grow a bit faster too these days! Oh the joys....

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 05:05:29 PM »

Yep.  Those strong white hairs take some tugging .........

violetbat

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2023, 02:00:07 PM »

I started growing thick chin hairs way before I started on testosterone . What has worked for me is using a Phillips lumen. It took some persistence and doing it at least once a week. I eventually plucked them out and they haven't come back- just the odd straggler.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2023, 05:28:46 PM »

How R U today Nicky_boo?

nicky_boo

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 08:46:53 AM »

I am so sorry for disappearing and thanks for checking in on me .

We have been playing with my HRT dosage (progesteron this time as Mirena came out) and it unsettled my balance again. As I am on 100mg of oestrogen patches, doctor suggested 2 Ultrogestan tables a day every day (I am 50). This really affected my mood and personality! I may start a separate thread on this but I will read the forum first.

I started electrolysis for chin hair. Not for an hour though. 10 mins is more than enough at the moment. Had two sessions so far. I feel better about the hair knowing that there is a solution.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 09:06:45 AM »

Morning.  Many are affected by progesterone.  Put the product names into the search box to see what pops up?  Make notes.  U don't. need another thread, U can alter the title line if necessary. 

Shorty Pants

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 01:12:38 PM »

in the past I've had a couple of small cysts 'down there'.  These were on my labia minora and started as small, very painful pimples or lumps.  They then grow, but ultimately clear away on their own.  I have rubbed a bit of tea trea oil on in the past (very painful!), which has helped them clear up I think.  I saw the GP about this many years ago and basically she said it's just a skin gland that's become blocked. 

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 02:06:10 PM »

Bartholomew's cyst?

Minusminnie

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2023, 02:14:39 PM »

Bartholins cyst when the Bartholins gland blocks found somewhere at the back of the vulva.  Needs antibiotics to clear.
A ridge or bump on the vulva is a sign of it.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2023, 03:59:08 PM »

That's it,  :thankyou: