Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alternating between vagifem and estriol (Help if possible please) 🙏  (Read 1801 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help if possible please 🙏
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2023, 12:38:10 PM »

Yes anything inserted into the vagina is likely to drain out: what goes up etc..  Once the vagina has plumped up there may be more/less discharge. 

Go on your holiday.  Thrush usually presents in a different way to vaginal atrophy.  Take plenty of VA treatment with you and use as required. 

Ayesha

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2023, 12:40:10 PM »

Vagifem is very dry and shouldn't cause too much of a discharge. I think not getting into a treatment regime is delaying you from feeling better down there.
Treating VA is a long journey until you start to feel the benefits, I would say to just get on with it  :)

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2023, 12:40:57 PM »

You have had advice from a Consultant who has said 'no thrush'.    Do U not believe him/her?

Which thread would you like to continue with; you could ask Emma to amalgamate both so that responses don't become lost.  Personally I find it hard work trying to keep up with multiple threads as I haven't the energy to read through it all  :-\

Brownie

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2023, 12:41:49 PM »

Sorry can I ask CLKD what you mean that thrush presents in a different way ? I don't have any itching just burning.
Thanks X

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2023, 12:46:40 PM »

4 me thrush was itching 'high up' so that I couldn't reach to scratch, I knew immediately.  I had recently stopped taking The Pill.  I was treated with a pessary, this was in 1979 so I can't remember what it was.  I had it again following emergency surgery in 1991.  Not had it since, all symptoms have been: as diagnosed by my GP over the 'phone: due to dryness = vaginal atrophy.

Burning is more likely to be due to dryness in and around the vulva/vagina.  I suggest that you read the responses from us all [who have suffered] in both your threads, make notes, get started on appropriate treatment - or not, the choice is yours: go on your holiday.

Brownie

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2023, 12:46:42 PM »

I seen consultant 3 weeks ago now.

Sorry for causing probs. I will try + contact Emma thanks x

Brownie

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2023, 12:59:21 PM »

I have asked Emma to combine threads, apologies. Consultant guy said my vagina looked 'healthy' so I didn't know if that was the case then did that mean it didn't look atrophic ?
Thanks for comments re thrush it doesn't feel right high up + again not itchy but just burny/sore all inside. Think I also said urogyn wanted me to get down to using estrogen twice weekly !!!!
Pages: 1 [2]